Re: Team Salary Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I asked this earlier Hasnain... The ruling for this is... get this season up first before we do anything else.

HFNHL Red Wings

Yes I know everyone is tired of hearing that these sort of item's are on the 'to be reviewed' list but the team is focussed on doing everything posible to get this season up and running. Only after the season has begun will we be reviewing the new CBA and possible applications to the HFNHL.

To Dion's point this subject was raised and will go through a formal review although one GM made a good point in saying that since we have minimum OV rules the minimum salary might not be necessary. If a GM can ice a respectable team that meets league standards than that is more important than a minimum salary (ie I'd rather have a team ice an avg 70OV team for $19M than one that is 68OV and spending $22M).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
(ie I'd rather have a team ice an avg 70OV team for $19M than one that is 68OV and spending $22M).

No arguments here, although I'll reiterate that a 70OV average is not going to be achieveable for some teams this season, based on the downward trend in overall ratings. To my ming, 68 remains a reasonable target that sends the right message about remaining competitive without becoming unduly punitive for teams with limited resources.

And no, I'm not laying the groundwork for dismantling my team. ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

Ohio Jones said:
No arguments here, although I'll reiterate that a 70OV average is not going to be achieveable for some teams this season, based on the downward trend in overall ratings. To my ming, 68 remains a reasonable target that sends the right message about remaining competitive without becoming unduly punitive for teams with limited resources.

And no, I'm not laying the groundwork for dismantling my team. ;)

As I understand it, that proposal for possibly extending the minimum OV of 68 was for this season only (Mainly b/c of the number of european bound and retired players).

The subject of minimum salary caps and avg. 70OV both relate to next season.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doug, I tend to this disagree. Every GM knows about this rule with the exception of the new ones. Most teams should have been gearing up to get to the 70OV. i know i was. You know how personally i took to this rule when it first came out. Now it like my duty to enforce this rule to the hilt. This comes back down to the GM and how active they are. If they were savvy about the situation, they would have taken note of their teams situations. I'm not saying that all GM should devote 24-7 to HFNHL but a sufficient amount of time should be given to at least keep the ship a float adequately.

Its 1;30am in the morn and that my whinge.. I'll go to sleep now...

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I agree with Dion here. If we are enforcing all the other rules then why are we bending this rule. I know the rating has gone down from previous season but there are lot of teams who are looking to trade quality players due to salary cap.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Those teams that are looking to trade quality players due to salary cap issues can contact Tampa Bay. We are happy to take those players away from your roster.

Speaking of the 70OV rule. I lost a few players this week and I doubt that I will reach 70OV but I will try.

Martin TBL GM

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Those teams that are looking to trade quality players due to salary cap issues can contact Tampa Bay. We are happy to take those players away from your roster.

Speaking of the 70OV rule. I lost a few players this week and I doubt that I will reach 70OV but I will try.

Martin TBL GM

As along as you try I don't have a problem with it. Watch out for vultures.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Being one of the teams dangerously close to the 68-minimum, I'm all ok with moving to a 70-minimum next season as that will make give us a FA-period to add players and also some prospects who can fill in for the retired/euro players, unlike now when I have lost almost 1,5 points in my team average.

I, just like Martin, can also add some salary for help upfront.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Donga said:
Doug, I tend to this disagree. Every GM knows about this rule with the exception of the new ones. Most teams should have been gearing up to get to the 70OV. i know i was. You know how personally i took to this rule when it first came out. Now it like my duty to enforce this rule to the hilt. This comes back down to the GM and how active they are. If they were savvy about the situation, they would have taken note of their teams situations. I'm not saying that all GM should devote 24-7 to HFNHL but a sufficient amount of time should be given to at least keep the ship a float adequately.

Its 1;30am in the morn and that my whinge.. I'll go to sleep now...

I don't think it's fair to set the OV minimum at 70 this year, up from the expected 68 for last year, considering all trades aside, our rosters are at best as good as before. Nobody's rating went up, and players have gone to Europe. Eric Staal is no doubt better now than his rating based on the 2003-04 season, but I don't have the benefit of that. There was for all intents and purposes no UFA season.

The number of rookies in the NHL this year will also be incredible, and we have the benefit of none of that. I mean, half the back-up goalies in the NHL this year will be rookies, I know I have two rookie NHL back-ups in this league. I have at least three or four other prospects who could spend the entire year in the NHL.
So next year, there's going to be a big influx of players, and that will allow every lower-ranked team to improve. To expect teams to get to 70 OV for the start of this year would be unfair and unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->