OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
New Twitch Prime games for free. Batman: The Enemy Within (sequel to the Telltale Series), and Monkey Island Special Edition are included.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
New Twitch Prime games for free. Batman: The Enemy Within (sequel to the Telltale Series), and Monkey Island Special Edition are included.
Is MI any good? I loved the old games, started playing at my aunt’s because she had the paper disk to unlock the game before she made me a photo copy.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is MI any good? I loved the old games, started playing at my aunt’s because she had the paper disk to unlock the game before she made me a photo copy.
Well, it was released initially in like 1990, so it's of its time (I haven't played the Special Edition in a number of years, but I do believe it has a hint system). The SE basically gives it a new coat of HD paint, re-orchestrated music, voice acting, things like that. The old game is still available at the touch of a button, though you lose the voice acting. (MI2 corrects this)

MI 1 & 2 though are considered classics of its genre.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Well, it was released initially in like 1990, so it's of its time (I haven't played the Special Edition in a number of years, but I do believe it has a hint system). The SE basically gives it a new coat of HD paint, re-orchestrated music, voice acting, things like that. The old game is still available at the touch of a button, though you lose the voice acting. (MI2 corrects this)

MI 1 & 2 though are considered classics of its genre.
Alright thanks, so MI:SE is essentially a remaster? I know and played MI 1-3, never heard of the SE though. Might give it a try then.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Stanley Cup and Euro gold within a week. Fabio must be loving lige right now.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Congrats @Fabiobest and Italy! Enjoy the (double) win! :cheers:
Thank you very much!!! :)

Probably you won't believe me......xD but I'm probably the only Italian guy who does not care very much about the national team.
I mean...I do not appreciate the hypocrisy the italian fans have... I mean: today they think italian players are the best in the world...in a month, when Serie A begins, they'll starts with the insults, the flames, the threatens like the Habs fans did with Sergachev and so on...just because maybe the guys plays for a rival team.
I really dislike that and, for this reason, I don't like to celebrate it with the others...and I don't act like the others as well...

@JoVel
@BowDownToVasilevskiy Can someone give Cirelli and Italian passport, please? So, he'd play for Team Italy of hockey...it'd be huge :D :D :D

Reactions: Discipline

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So when are they switching the division boards back? Need to get that Atlantic rivalry on again.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
HOI4 for a buck.
Humble Hearts of Iron Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

the best DLC is considered to be Waking the Tiger, but the mod scene is developed enough (Kaiserreich, etc.) to not really need them.

The vanilla game is very WWII-centric. A 'non-historical' game doesn't really exist because of the historical focus trees. It railroads everyone down the same basic paths. That's where the DLC (or mods) come in.

And then there's only so many countries in vanilla that are really viable to play as, including the recommended newbie country, Germany. It seems surprising that the recommended country is Germany (and not, say, England), but Germany controls the pace of the game.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
HOI4 for a buck.
Humble Hearts of Iron Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

the best DLC is considered to be Waking the Tiger, but the mod scene is developed enough (Kaiserreich, etc.) to not really need them.

The vanilla game is very WWII-centric. A 'non-historical' game doesn't really exist because of the historical focus trees. It railroads everyone down the same basic paths. That's where the DLC (or mods) come in.

And then there's only so many countries in vanilla that are really viable to play as, including the recommended newbie country, Germany. It seems surprising that the recommended country is Germany (and not, say, England), but Germany controls the pace of the game.
I love HOI2 and 3 (for very different reasons).

Recommending Germany can be... problematic for obvious reasons, but they do have an interesting gameplay loop in HOI games generally. France is also an interesting country, as are the Soviets.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I love HOI2 and 3 (for very different reasons).

Recommending Germany can be... problematic for obvious reasons, but they do have an interesting gameplay loop in HOI games generally. France is also an interesting country, as are the Soviets.
Germany is the recommended country by both the game (default selection) and the community. The Soviets weren't great humanitarians, either. It was hard for me to stomach playing as Germany (in that era) at first, but I was eventually able to compartmentalize that. The US interred Japanese-Americans and was a segregated society, Britain and France still had Asian and African colonies in the era, etc. The allies were clearly the best option, but no one was a perfect angel for their entire history. (and it's not like the game uses these events at all, so you can just as easily say to yourself it's an alternate universe, or something.)

USA in HOI4 is fine to play as, but it takes them a while to get them going, and HOI4 takes long enough as it is to really kick off. They also have the difficulty of getting guys overseas (and in two theaters, if Japan is able to beat China) The UK has a complex, sprawling, empire where you've got to worry about Japan invading Australia and the Raj. A newbie playing as France would get steamrolled.

Unfortunately, Germany kind of has the easiest road. They can build a strong economy, continually get free, contiguous land and allies from focuses. The Benelux countries, Poland, and France are all pretty easy to take against the AI too.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Summer Olympics opening ceremony is airing right now. It's an empty stadium, which is a bit weird.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Aha, resign is bad and RE-sign is good!
Somehow I never came across the term 'resign' in my English studies. I learned sign and re-sign through hockey.

I was very confused for a while when I saw resign used in a different context and it didn't mean what I thought it did.

Reactions: Felonious Python

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad