Post-Game Talk (GBU): Re-Sign Miller

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Zemgus looking great. This kid is a keeper. A bull on skates.

Miller was really good, and really lucky as well.

Grigs had a decent game I thought. Something to build on for sure. I think Rolston is having a good effect on this kid.

Vanek...was Vanek. Missed some early opportunities, and went into "woe, is me" Vanek-mode. I hate that.

Flynn looks great with Z. That combo works.

Ennis was putting a lot of effort out there, but is just not a smart hockey player. Still, I liked him a lot better on wing.

Tallinder! Looked really steady. Myers did as well for the most part.

Ott was a flaming bag of ****.

Hodgson looked lost. I can't figure this kid out.

<puts flame suit on>

Stafford played great. He was all over the ice and was involved in a lot of good opportunities. Dude just can't score. He may be ruined as an offensive hockey player.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Rolston:

Porter,Flynn and Girgensons best line.

We're in trouble if this continues.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
im wondering what you expect a rookie to do to change how that games plays out

What rookie?

We lost because our vets weren't good enough again. I just wanted to see Larsson get a chance like Grigs is getting. In light of Rolston's comments about both its bizarre how their ice time has been handled

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Zemgus looking great. This kid is a keeper. A bull on skates.

Miller was really good, and really lucky as well.

Grigs had a decent game I thought. Something to build on for sure.

Vanek...was Vanek. Missed some early opportunities, and went into "woe, is me" Vanek-mode. I hate that.

Flynn looks great with Z. That combo works.

Ennis was putting a lot of effort out there, but is just not a smart hockey player. Still, I liked him a lot better on wing.

Tallinder! Looked really steady. Myers did as well for the most part.

Ott was a flaming bag of ****.

<puts flame suit on>

Stafford played great. He was all over the ice and was involved in a lot of good opportunities. Dude just can't score. He may be ruined as an offensive hockey player.

Moderator! We need a moderator in here! ;)

FanboySlayer*

Great: Miller

Good: Girgensons
Flynn
Stafford's effort
Entertainment

Bad: Ennis
Rolston inexplicably demoting Larsson to the 4th line

Ugly: Hodgson
Power Play

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
What rookie?

We lost because our vets weren't good enough again. I just wanted to see Larsson get a chance like Grigs is getting. In light of Rolston's comments about both its bizarre how their ice time has been handled

where would you have liked him? he doesnt play wing, so its Grigorenko, Porter, Hodgson

you arent sitting Hodgson or Grigorenko for him for the same reason, and Porter was centering the teams best line

by the sounds of it everyone wanted him to break up the only line generating consistent pressure on the forecheck so that you could watch a rookie play

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G:
I like the formation of a defensive line (Porter, Flynn, Girgensons)
Why not shuffle the lines? The team has only scored 1 goal in two games.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
where would you have liked him? he doesnt play wing, so its Grigorenko, Porter, Hodgson

you arent sitting Hodgson or Grigorenko for him for the same reason, and Porter was centering the teams best line

by the sounds of it everyone wanted him to break up the only line generating consistent pressure on the forecheck so that you could watch a rookie play

You're missing my point. I'm talking about from the end of preseason on it makes no sense how he has handle Grigs and Larsson. This game was an example of this. He praises Larsson constantly and dumps on Grigs yet their playing time reflects the opposite.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: The Game-entertaining and competitive. Goalie Duel
Zemgus-speed, opportunistic, tenacious

B: I'm upgrading Stafford from "ugly" to "if I was drunk, then maybe."

U: Rob Ray and the MSG staff.
To put in that type of effort all game then give up goal like that.
PP-0 for 4

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Actually he does play wing if wing is what's needed.

The line was just as good if not better when Grigorenko was centering it, so acting like it was the best line because of Kevin Porter is ridiculous.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
You're missing my point. I'm talking about from the end of preseason on it makes no sense how he has handle Grigs and Larsson. This game was an example of this. He praises Larsson constantly and dumps on Grigs yet their playing time reflects the opposite.

If its hard to understand the difference between handling a third line center and boom or bust 1st line center theres not much I can do for you

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G:
Miller and the kids.
RJ. Last place team or not, RJ alone makes GameCenter worth the investment, especially when he's on his game like tonight.

B:
Ennis. Man, he's having a rough start.
Rob Ray continually neglecting to finish a thought.

U:
Nothing really. Just gotta finish scoring chances.

This kind of #suffering I can do. If tonight is any indication, then we're going to see NOTICEABLE improvement from these kids every night this year. Let em take their lumps now, because once this group finds its scoring touch, they are going to be very, very, VERY good.

FanboySlayer*

I can, he's slow and weak and awful defensively. He put up nice offensive stats as a rookie with the league's best team at the time sheltered on the 3rd line. Canucks traded him, their fans cried, now thanks to an undeserved contract we cry for 6 years unless two centers jump ahead of him and he develops into a 3rd center.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If its hard to understand the difference between handling a third line center and boom or bust 1st line center theres not much I can do for you

Please spare me this garbage. Sitting Grigs as a 19 year old for a game would not change his path nor be out of sync with developing him.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
good- Miller with 45 saves

bad- Sabres allowed 46 shots

can't say anyone was playing ugly, tons of opportunities and they get better ever games. some as they start clicking we are playoff bound.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Please spare me this garbage. Sitting Grigs as a 19 year old for a game would not change his path nor be out of sync with developing him.

should I start linking to posts from last season where people criticized Ruff for not giving Grigorenko more ice time with better wingers?

nah, I guess that would just be more garbage

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
how is Girgensons name in bold not under anyones Good category. He was outstanding tonight

I only caught the last period, but the impression I got in that time was that Miller and Girgensons were easily the 2 best players on the team tonight. Flynn looked pretty good as well.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I can, he's slow and weak and awful defensively. He put up nice offensive stats as a rookie with the league's best team at the time sheltered on the 3rd line. Canucks traded him, their fans cried, now thanks to an undeserved contract we cry for 6 years unless two centers jump ahead of him and he develops into a 3rd center.

Thanks for the story, but that's not what I was talking about. Let me explain, FANBOY SLAYERRRER.

He put up nice offensive stats last year. That's what I want out of him.

What I mean by "I can't figure him out" is when he looks lost in the offensive zone. That's his office. The kid has great vision, yet he doesn't seem to want to use it. He's so damned inconsistent. I need to be patient with him, but it's hard.

Part of his problem is that the Sabres seem to never get extended offensive zone time, so Hodgson never can get set up. It's a team issue, and Hodgson shares the blame in that failing.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I thought Myers played well, except on the goal against.

I noticed Hodgson checking/fighting for the puck more than he usually does in the defensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->