Re-sign Latendresse

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Not Quite sure why no one wants to resign Guillaume Latendresse. I have loved this guy every since he came back from the Whiplash and has not looked out of place. He is a big body, power forward, physical and offensive presence and is still very young, 25,

I would for sure give him a 3 year contract! Call me crazy but I hope we resign him especially if he plays like this and he seems to really like the organization!!

Thoughts

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Had no idea he was only 25.

Ya man he broke into the NHL at the age of 19 in 2007 with Montreal and has been hit by injuries but he for sure has so much potential and a long career ahead especially since he is still only 25 turning 26 in may. I have loved this guy since he broke into the NHL at the age of 19 and when I found out we signed him I went crazy. And over the last 10 games I have been thrilled cause the talent is there.

Its just about staying consistent and staying healthy!

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Fixed it for you.

My only condition on him re-signing is to finish the rest of the season injury free.

thanks for fixing it, just finished an exam, probably a bit tired and I agree. Its probably a good idea for him to stay healthy

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I have no problem signing him to a 1, even 2 year deal.

It's multi-year deals which really scare me.

I'd gladly offer him 1-2 year @ $2 000 000.

EDIT: I'd actually easily go up to 2.5, and maybe even 3.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm in favour of him re-signing, maybe a 2 year deal. The great thing about his age is that he's just entering into his prime years, so the best is still yet to come (or just getting here), as long as he can avoid injuries.

That's really the only legitimate concern left in my mind. The talent is there, and the commitment looks to be there as well. So please just stay healthy!

Mawlrat

Sep 27, 2011
I like what he can bring to this team. Others in our prospect pool might be able to bring that too, but Lats has proven he is capable at the NHL level.

I would agree that he needs to last the rest of the season (and hopefully playoffs) to really earn a new contract. The better he plays during that time, the more years they could add to the contract.

Example:
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and keeps up his decent production: 1 year contract.
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and really tears it up for the rest of the season: 2 year contract.
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and really tears it up for the rest of the season and is key in the playoffs: 3 year contract.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I like what he can bring to this team. Others in our prospect pool might be able to bring that too, but Lats has proven he is capable at the NHL level.

I would agree that he needs to last the rest of the season (and hopefully playoffs) to really earn a new contract. The better he plays during that time, the more years they could add to the contract.

Example:
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and keeps up his decent production: 1 year contract.
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and really tears it up for the rest of the season: 2 year contract.
Makes it to the end of the year injury free (including playoffs) and really tears it up for the rest of the season and is key in the playoffs: 3 year contract.
I'd just stay away from 3 years.

Instead, I'd increase his desire to stay by adding salary rather than adding length.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ottawa gave him a chance when other teams wouldn't.

He loves it here. He is close to his son and everyone is supportive.

Montreal is closer to his son, but I think he is developing some loyalty to Ottawa. Plus he is the go to guy for the French reporters in the Sens dressing room. That must be cool.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
First of all, I hope that Gui's injuries are behind him and he remains healthy for the rest of the season (and in the future.) Should he remain healthy, then I think it's a no brainer for the Sens to re-sign him.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
When he is healthy Lats is a legitimate top 6 forward, a power forward with good hands. We've been looking for a guy like him for a long time---the critical factor is his health. Are concussions behind him?

jordan7hm

Aug 31, 2007
I'm cool re-signing him. He's been good in the recent games. He isn't someone you can count on in your top 6 though, so it has to be a deal you're comfortable having play on the third line (anything under 3.75 is good to me, and I would be leery of more than 2 years but could understand 3 if you got a bit of a discount).

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'd sign him to 1-2 years for sure. I wouldn't sign longer, I don't think, but I think if his play keeps up -- he's earn another short term contract.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
dudes. Wait until he finishes the year and then see. Your all so knee jerk. He has been good for like 7 games, give it some time and see if he keeps it up.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
if he was our prospect we'd resign him based on what he's done this year given his size and quality hands. But because we took a chance on him as a UFA its not worth it?
its not going to be for a lot of money. im really not sure how you go wrong on a 1 or 2 year deal for under 2 million.
if it doesnt work out and he's injured a lot of the time no harm no foul. if it does then its quite a coup.
the guy has barely played any games over the past year and a half, i dont think hes going to regress further....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->