Speculation: Re: Ripping 4th line players, etc. Was it worth it?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Martin being in over Johnnson was incredibly annoying, but I was even more annoyed at Komarov getting back in the lineup replacing Johnsson despite our 4th line looking like one of the best in the league Johnsson in for Leo.

And just ****ing LMAO @ all the Komarov apologists desperately trying to defend Babcock for his moronic decisions. We were better in every facet of the game without Leo in the lineup. Babcock and his ridiculous obsession with grinder plugs is legitimately holding back this team. Anyone with half a brain can notice this.

Johnsson and Kapanen were less likely to assist on a play then Komarov who's only job was defense? Or that Komarov hit more then both of them combined?
That Komarov reliably took his man and position on defensive plays rather then skating around like a chicken with his head cut off? That when the center got
thrown out of the face-off circle, Komarov won 52.8% of them? The fact he can skate faster then Kadri? Not sure I understand giving Komarov the 350th most
ice-time in the league on the power-play, but I think that was part of Babcock's trust in players. Komarov was probably the best X's and O's player they had.
If a point goes in deep, loses the puck, etc, Komarov would instantaneously recognize it and have the speed to try and do something about it.
The problem with the Leafs is they don't have enough Komarov. Any half decent team ends up with a bunch of offensive players. Matthews, Nylander, Marner are
absolutely nothing special. It's the team behind the 'stars' that win or lose championships. What did you think of the Islander's sweep of the `82-83 Oilers?
In the first two games of the playoffs, Komarov was a -1, Marchand was a +6. Komarov doing his job reliably as always. Screw the stats, go down the roster
and ask yourself did they do their job? The simple things like if every blueliner could just have the net presence of Roman Polak who lead the club in +/-, the
Leafs win the series. It's not all goals and glamor that win.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Martin being in over Johnnson was incredibly annoying, but I was even more annoyed at Komarov getting back in the lineup replacing Johnsson despite our 4th line looking like one of the best in the league Johnsson in for Leo.

And just ****ing LMAO @ all the Komarov apologists desperately trying to defend Babcock for his moronic decisions. We were better in every facet of the game without Leo in the lineup. Babcock and his ridiculous obsession with grinder plugs is legitimately holding back this team. Anyone with half a brain can notice this.

I am not a Komarov apologist. I am a Komarov fan. I bet you used to be one until he no longer got all-star votes.

I don't care how misguided your criticism is. I remember a time when leaf fans called him "Uncle Leo" and fans voted for him. I believe they even cheered for him.

You can't crush my memories.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
I find this thread ironic considering the fact that the same poster who started this thread also started the Tomas Plekanec thread after 1 game and was ripping him in multiple posts early in the thread.

I guess not all people are good at inner reflection.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Komarov is beyond brutal. I don't know how anyone can defend him, or defend his ice-time.

2a5irgh.jpg

2jdkug3.jpg

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Komarov is beyond brutal. I don't know how anyone can defend him, or defend his ice-time.

2a5irgh.jpg

2jdkug3.jpg

It's really easy. I have a memory that goes beyond 1 season. That memory serves me well. It tells me he was an all-star and played for Finland.

I am not like a fickle fan who wants to flush everyone down the toilet who's over age 30 and having an off year.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I find this thread ironic considering the fact that the same poster who started this thread also started the Tomas Plekanec thread after 1 game and was ripping him in multiple posts early in the thread.

I guess not all people are good at inner reflection.

Or perhaps there's those sensitive fans out there that like to stretch the truth.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's really easy. I have a memory that goes beyond 1 season. That memory serves me well. It tells me he was an all-star and played for Finland.

I am not like a fickle fan who wants to flush everyone down the toilet who's over age 30 and having an off year.

4th line is an easy target for scapegoats.

Please don’t confuse the issue with actual facts.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010

The memory of Uncle Leo in your head is useless unless you have a working DeLorean up your ass.

He made the All-Star game because every team is represented and his team was dead-last and had no one deserving. Wow a 36-point season. What a f***ing all star!

5-11" physical forwards over 30 age poorly. And it's not just an off year:
2hwk6e9.jpg

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The memory of Uncle Leo in your head is useless unless you have a working DeLorean up your ass.

He made the All-Star game because every team is represented and his team was dead-last and had no one deserving. Wow a 36-point season. What a ****ing all star!

5-11" physical forwards over 30 age poorly. And it's not just an off year:
2hwk6e9.jpg

Not if you're a fan. You just keep on cheering for him.

Perhaps you are a NHL General Manager. I suppose that's different. I wish you well in your fantasy hockey pool as well.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Yes it wasn't worth trading for them.

It was totally worth it because Babcock wouldn't have made the changes if we didn't complain enough.
If you think Babcock changed anything because of fan complaints you are out of your mind. Komarov got hurt, others stepped into his role and took his job exactly how it's supposed to work on a
good team. If Babcock gave a flying eff about our opinion he certainly would have no business being coach of the Leafs. Pandering to this fan bases flights of fancy is a quick path to loserville then the unemployment line.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If you think Babcock changed anything because of fan complaints you are out of your mind. Komarov got hurt, others stepped into his role and took his job exactly how it's supposed to work on a
good team. If Babcock gave a flying eff about our opinion he certainly would have no business being coach of the Leafs. Pandering to this fan bases flights of fancy is a quick path to loserville then the unemployment line.
The sarcasm flew right over your head.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I am not a Komarov apologist. I am a Komarov fan. I bet you used to be one until he no longer got all-star votes.

I don't care how misguided your criticism is. I remember a time when leaf fans called him "Uncle Leo" and fans voted for him. I believe they even cheered for him.

You can't crush my memories.
You are a Komarov cultist that hasn't realized he isn't the all-star he used to be. He became trash after the WSH series, even though he should've only been used as bottom 6er before.

Just because you're still stuck in the past, doesn't make our criticism misguided

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You are a Komarov cultist that hasn't realized he isn't the all-star he used to be. He became trash after the WSH series, even though he should've only been used as bottom 6er before.

Just because you're still stuck in the past, doesn't make our criticism misguided

No you are perverting the truth left, right, and center.

No one here needs to waste a second trying to tell me that he's lost a step. I know who he is and what his recent play is like. I still can still like the guy, and no fickle fantasy hockey type is going to change me otherwise.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

I'm not stuck in the past either. As of June 30th, 2018 Leo Komarov is still a Maple Leaf.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yeah because pointing out that you claimed his speed is Ahl level and 'he will be booed in T.O.' is stretching the truth.

No that is opinion. Again I felt like Plekanec was underwhelming and it seemed like (at the time) a waste of assets. Eventually as the series went on he played better.

That being said my point was that HF fans were harping on Moore, Komarov, and Martin most of the season. They ended up having little to do with the playoffs. My point is that our key players were the issue. Was Plekanec a key player? Not at first, but then he got bumped to the 2nd line.

This is obviously personal to you. Why is it personal? Who cares about my opinion?! You do. So deal with it.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
No you are perverting the truth left, right, and center.

No one here needs to waste a second trying to tell me that he's lost a step. I know who he is and what his recent play is like. I still can still like the guy, and no fickle fantasy hockey type is going to change me otherwise.
Do you think he's more than an avg 4th liner? If you want to like him on his personality that's totally fine but honestly he didn't even put in effort it seemed this season so even on that I can't fully agree.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
No that is opinion. Again I felt like Plekanec was underwhelming and it seemed like (at the time) a waste of assets. Eventually as the series went on he played better.

That being said my point was that HF fans were harping on Moore, Komarov, and Martin most of the season. They ended up having little to do with the playoffs. My point is that our key players were the issue. Was Plekanec a key player? Not at first, but then he got bumped to the 2nd line.

This is obviously personal to you. Why is it personal? Who cares about my opinion?! You do. So deal with it.

Those statements that you made are opinions, correct. However, you formed those opinions and those negative opinions do qualify as ripping him, which was my original point. Not gonna reply to the rest as I wasn't addressing the other players, only Plekanec. But yes, I have taken 24+ hours to reply to each of your replies to me and you replied to my last post in less than an hour, but it is also deeply personal to me, you got me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad