Re-Draft 2009 (RoR)

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Can't wait for this ROR saga to come to some resolution....just to see for myself whether he can live up to all the hype. Hope it will be this season.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I heard them say that as well .

In a draft redo he'd be top ten , he's a smart two way player but i don't see an elite skill set .

I don't understand the hang up with his contract but i read a rumour about him being upset about not getting the C and if that's true i don't want him anywhere near the Leafs .

There's a difference between the Avalanche and the Leafs. Just because the guy might've thought he deserved the C in Colorado, doesn't mean he'd come in with inflated expectations in Toronto.

They gave the C to Landeskog. IMO they're similar types of players, providing both offense and defense and are both very young. It could even be that Landeskog might not have had as good a report with the players as O'Reilly, but maybe he impressed management and coaching more...

Who knows, that's all speculative. But I wouldn't assume a player's history should be repeated everywhere he goes. Otherwise Lupul would have been ousted a while ago.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Nope, here' my order.
Tavares
OEL
Duchene
ROR
Hedman
Kane
Kadri
Schenn
Kreider

Based on the names you provided, Kreider is a long way back from the rest though.

Thats probably my order...

But it shows the strides this guy has made to go from 2nd round pick to arguably the 4th best player in the draft (going by current evaluations, that obviously can change with time).

anothernobody

Nov 25, 2010
So I was watching the Panthers/Leafs last night and I swore I heard Kipper say, and Maclean agree, that if the 2009 draft was re-done today, Ryan O'Reilly would be taken 2nd (correct me if i'm wrong but I swear they said this). I found that statement amazing and so I went to the 2009 draft and I see no way how RoR would go that early (this is leafs related b/c they were talking trade rumors). Would anyone take RoR before the following:

John Tavares
Matt Duchene
Evander Kane
Oliver Ekman Larsson
Victor Hedman
Brayden Schenn

And I would say he is close to, if not on equal footing with guys like:
Nazem Kadri
Chris Krieder

If we are talking RIGHT NOW value I still put 3-4 guys far ahead of RoR... If we are talking all around potential, I think he is a top ten selection, but not top five.

I didn't see this but if this is true and they were saying it then it really goes to show the unprofessionalism of sportsnet and that group of guys.

I mean, Saturday night the Hot Stoves guys were talking about ROR and that he would go #2 if the draft were today.... Now maybe the sportsnet guys were commenting on the hot stoves comments, but if they were trying to pass this off as their own ideas I guess it goes to show you the unoriginality of the group - Not to mention such a lack of knowledge that they have to plagiarize ideas...
Makes you wonder how people get into the position that they're in...

Anyone know if they were actually referring to saturday nights hot stove or did they bring this up as "their own" thought??

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
As far as how the players listed have performed so far in the NHL (not counting potential or their current team, etc) it goes:

1. Evander Kane -63
2. John Tavares - 62
3. Victor Hedman - 59
4. Matt Duchene - 57
5. Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 56
6. Dmitry Kulikov - 55
7. Nazem Kadri - 54
8. Ryan O'Reilly - 52
9. Brayden Schenn - 50
10. Chris Krieder - NA

The jury's still out on Krieder, Schenn and Kadri as they haven't played as much as the rest. Ignore the numbers, those our my scores, and again please remember this is just based on how they've played in the NHL so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad