Re-Draft: 1999

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Zetterberg then the Sedins, but all 3 were elite hockey players of their generation for sure. What I can't wrap my head around is the OP picking Havlat first overall. I get it was 2007, but still, Havlat? Zetterberg and the Sedins were BOTH better in 2007 than Havlat.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Zetterberg then the Sedins, but all 3 were elite hockey players of their generation for sure. What I can't wrap my head around is the OP picking Havlat first overall. I get it was 2007, but still, Havlat? Zetterberg and the Sedins were BOTH better in 2007 than Havlat.

People thought Sedins were worse than Kostitsyns back then, what do you expect.
I don't get why Zetterberg wasn't the top guy in the re-draft though.

Last edited:

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx

To be fair Havlat had a much more impressive track record. Unfortunately, he had injury issues.

The Sedins didn't break out until 2005-06. Also, league scoring was higher, so their totals didn't seem as impressive.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams

If the Canucks go into full rebuild after the Sedins contracts expire, here's hoping Detroit can take them on with Zets/Kronwall and make a crazy possession line. All of them use their bodies/hockey IQ rather than speed now to make plays, that PP would be lethal.

:surrender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->