TSN: Re-alignment

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
As cool as it would be to have Winnipeg in our division, I can't see it happen when we are in a division with mostly pacific time zone teams.. That is a 3 hour time difference for them, so it would be a 10:30pm start time for fans to watch an away game within the division! Nothing like staying up till 1AM to catch a hockey game every second night..

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It's not hard to imagine when you have seen it. I have family there, so I know.

It's not desperate, it's logical. The Eastern Canadian teams are a big draw in FL. I can tell you from firsthand experience the number of Canadians that not only live there permanently (residents & citizens), but the number of them that show up to Canadian team games, whether residents, snowbirds, or tourists.

Obviously Canadians are not going to "prop" up these teams or comprise the team's entire fan base, but that's not the logic here.

For once Florida is in a VERY interesting division. Buffalo, Boston, Detroit, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Florida. I'm happy for the Florida teams and I hope they thrive.
Wasn't saying you were wrong that the phenomenon exists.

Seems like a poor business model for putting teams there anyway. Ticket demand and prices not high either which fairly supports my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad