RDS & TVA Sports Memes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
The following comment from a random TVA user is probably reflective of the type of audience Morissette attracts and keeps bolstering his ratings:

J'aime bien Dave Morissette, il a une connection facile avec les téléspectateur en s'adressant à eux dans leur accent tous en s'exprimant dans un excellent français... du Québec. Il ne se met pas la bouche en cul de poule pour tenter tant bien que mal d'imiter l'accent des français. Et il ne truffe pas son discours de mots anglais comme le font Ardisson et compagnie.

«Quand j’ai gagné mon deuxième au printemps dernier, c’était comme si les gens m’avaient dit: «T’as ta place dans le milieu.» Après le gala, pendant que mes collègues fêtaient, je mangeais des toasts au beurre de peanuts chez moi avec ma femme à 2 h du matin. Je suis vraiment choyé.»

fark_pxRvKVBu6Kpw-O5QLQIwOVfAX-s.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last night I almost called Ron Fournier to tell him he was a freaking uneducated xenophobic rat. I really should've.

Starts at 7:30. (In french)

http://www.985fm.ca/em/bonsoir-les-sportifs-1.html

Should this guy be on air ? Really ? This is an incredibly xenophobic discourse and it's also incredibly biased. Ignorant, ignorant and ignorant.

Why?

Pretty incendiary language, however, I imagine no one called him on it.

By "Québécois", he means French Canadians, and not merely someone born in Quebec. I can't believe he singled out the Russians on our team. He's essentially asking, if the team wins without "Québécois" in its lineup, is it still worth something? He's questioning the "win at all cost" mantra, however, he's doing so by pitting those of French heritage vs. "les autres". What good can possibly come of that? Pathetic. :shakehead

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Last night I almost called Ron Fournier to tell him he was a freaking uneducated xenophobic rat. I really should've.

Starts at 7:30. (In french)

http://www.985fm.ca/em/bonsoir-les-sportifs-1.html

Should this guy be on air ? Really ? This is an incredibly xenophobic discourse and it's also incredibly biased. Ignorant, ignorant and ignorant.

Why?

Your making it a bigger deal than it is. He's just saying it is good when we can identify, and we must not forget that.

I get not every habs fan is French canadian, but a lot are and it is nice to have players that the majority of the fanbase can identify with. Especially considering the history of the franchise.

He did say it in an ignorant way with the "les russes!" part which is a bit xenophobic, but his statment wasnt really. And calling to say he's a xenophobic rat would not have been a good idea because it is an overreaction.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thing about the history of the franchise is that it used to be a lot easier for the Habs to snag elite French Canadian players prior to expansion. It's just that more difficult to do. Going out of our way to draft players of certain nationalities is not how this org. evaluates players -- if a given French Canadian player becomes available to the Habs, is the best available and could help the team win, then all the better. If that player profile involves a different nationality, then that's what it is.

It's a process, no one knows where the draft or the market will take us, cause in the end, Bergevin and co. are running a pro team and their mission statement is to win, not to win with less talented players on account of compromises that were made. We haven't won in a long time -- sure thing Ron, why don't we make it more difficult on ourselves.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
what's ironic is that the last Habs team to win a cup was half French-Canadian players. go figure.

Different league, I don't know the exact statistics but I'm fairly certain there was more Quebecers in the NHL during that era than there is now. Or at the very least, Good-Great Quebec-born ayers.

Who's Quebec's premier forward now? Patrice Bergeron? Yikes. D-man? Kris Letang? Double Yikes.

Far cry from Mario Lemieux and Raymond Bourque I would say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad