RDS new website (BETA)

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Wow, that site looks awful. I don't know what JF is saying about how it looks like a hamburger, or whatever, it isn't pleasing to the eye.

It looks like it's trying to look like Windows 8's Metro UI. I hope the final product looks completely different, or I'll visit the site even less than I do now.

Think of the header and footer as the bun, everything else is stacked neatly in between, that's the hamburger ;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Wow, that site looks awful. I don't know what JF is saying about how it looks like a hamburger, or whatever, it isn't pleasing to the eye.

It looks like it's trying to look like Windows 8's Metro UI. I hope the final product looks completely different, or I'll visit the site even less than I do now.

Get used to this.

CastroLeRobot

Hab-a-bouille
Oct 4, 2007
Montreal
I guess we have very different standards, I think it's far from beautiful and easy to read. That triple nav bar is just way too much, they could keep it hidden when you don't go over (like it is on the home page). There is very little breathing room, the gutters are tiny and everything else is HUGE. I will agree that the site is better in all three aspects I mentioned, but it is nowhere near optimal. I could go on and on, but I'll end it there, not like I would ever want to be an art director for the RDS account.

Also, releasing their site as a BETA is a complete marketing failure IMO. I don't know any designers who like to deal with a backseat design committee, imagine if that committee is Québec sports fans at large... Wouldn't wanna be working on this project and I most certainly wouldn't wanna witness the results.

We all know they are logical, rational and emotionally stable people. No problems there.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Looks (and probably was the intention) designed to appeal to tablet users.

Not a big fan. But not surprised they went this way.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It look like one of those clunky Windows 8/Metro UI/IE 10 compatible sites so yeah those who said that it look like it was designed for tablets you may not be far off the mark. Colors are also pretty grim but then again it's still in beta so some things may/will probably be changed before the final version , especially if there are a lot of negative feedbacks.

But even though i just wrote a paragraph about it i don't really care to be honest as i rarely visit RDS.ca as i normally roll with TSN.ca instead.

I missed you post before writing mine but bang on man. This is exactly how i see it as well

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
It look like one of those clunky Windows 8/Metro interface/IE 10 compatible sites so yeah those who said that it look like it was designed for tablets you may not be far off the mark. Colors are also pretty grim but then again it's still in beta so some things may/will probably be changed before the final version , especially if there are a lot of negative feedbacks.

But even though i just wrote a paragraph about it i don't really care to be honest as i rarely visit RDS.ca as i normally roll with TSN.ca instead.

Hardly ever go on either. Twitter all the way.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hardly ever go on either. Twitter all the way.

Twitter is probably better to get all the news and scoop pretty fast but i don't have an account nor am i into the whole Twitter frenzy. I may eventually check it out a bit more though.

Anyway when i want hockey news i actually come here on HFBoards before visiting any other sites. People are pretty freaking fast to post a breaking news story around here.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Twitter is probably better to get all the news and scoop pretty fast but i don't have an account nor am i into the whole Twitter frenzy. I may eventually check it out a bit more though.

Anyway when i want hockey news i actually come here on HFBoards before visiting any other sites. People are pretty freaking fast to post a breaking news story around here.

It's true. I think there is a usual time of 0.5 seconds before something gets posted here on the board after it was tweeted.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
If it's clunky, then it's not really Metro. It's not because you have large sans serif fonts with rectangular shapes that it's metro. Or else, Google design style would also be metro.

Anyway, I'm no designer.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Looks like it was designed by a team of marketing guys who had 5 mins to come up with something

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
No longer BETA and I don't even know what I'm clicking on :laugh: opening videos when I think it's articles :help:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Yea it's weird, but i'm sure we'll get used to it very soon.

Yeah it's just a matter of getting used to the subtle shading of things like there's a little grey camera in the corner for videos.. Only thing that bugs me is it seems to be not very reactive to scrolling but could be my comp here.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It's crap design, they made the fonts so big my great grandmother could read them if she was still alive. Too many clicks spent on reaching the information I could get with only 1 previously.

I'm gonna be reading tsn.ca for a while.

.. I also hate fixed bottom bars.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Omg....

New site not even compatible on mobile devices... simply i wont ever go the rds.ca .... how ridiculous! their mobile version is total crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad