RD Timothy Liljegren - Ex-Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Actually Beaulieu seems like a great comparison - picked around the same spot, fantastic skater, offensive tools, prone to a brain fart from doing too much at times.
As far as I know, he doesn't have off the ice issues and go around beating up people with his dad at golf tournaments. That person is clearly not being objective and is here to cause problems.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
As far as I know, he doesn't have off the ice issues and go around beating up people with his dad at golf tournaments. That person is clearly not being objective and is here to cause problems.

As far as I know, what you just said is completely irrelevant in terms of comparing prospects

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
As far as I know, what you just said is completely irrelevant in terms of comparing prospects
Yes, work ethic and professionalism, both of which Beaulieu is heavily knocked for has nothing to do with the likelihood of a prospect being a success.....

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Actually Beaulieu seems like a great comparison - picked around the same spot, fantastic skater, offensive tools, prone to a brain fart from doing too much at times.

Beaulieu is a horrible comparison.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Yes, work ethic and professionalism, both of which Beaulieu is heavily knocked for has nothing to do with the likelihood of a prospect being a success.....

You mentioned him beating someone up :laugh: nothing to do with work ethic. Way to try and make your point seem valid though.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You mentioned him beating someone up :laugh: nothing to do with work ethic. Way to try and make your point seem valid though.
I used the most documented incident of him being an idiot off the ice. He had a terrible work ethic and attitude, which is why a bunch of Habs fans are happy to see the back of him.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

It does however have to do with the off ice issues and professionalism 93Leafs mentioned. Or did you just blatantly ignore those parts of his post to antagonize him and continue bringing down the quality of this thread?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
It does however have to do with the off ice issues and professionalism 93Leafs mentioned. Or did you just blatantly ignore those parts of his post to antagonize him and continue bringing down the quality of this thread?

They were compared as players. Saying they aren't similar bc of non hockey related isssues is a weak argument there. I ignored the part about professionalism bc I agree. Professionalism does not equal work ethic though.... pretty simple stuff. All I said is the incident mentioned has nothing to do with work ethic. Feel free to pm me if you're still confused on this overwhelmingly complex post

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No that is draftsite.com. Mynhldraft.com has a draft rankings page, as you can see if you follow the link in the post. The link lists all of the most up to date rankings by different scouting agencies and personalities. They include McKenzie, Button (TSN), ISS, Mark Seidel (NASC), Pronman (ESPN), Kennedy (THN), Draft Analyst, Hockey Prospect, Dobber Prospects, Marek (SN), McKeens, and Future Considerations.

Right. I was thinking of draftsite, thanks.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They have a page that aggregates all of the pre draft rankings from the most popular scouting sites/services. Nice to use if you want a quick reference of most of the rankings prior to the draft.

Just scoped it. Pretty neat tool actually.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
They were compared as players. Saying they aren't similar bc of non hockey related isssues is a weak argument there. I ignored the part about professionalism bc I agree. Professionalism does not equal work ethic though.... pretty simple stuff. All I said is the incident mentioned has nothing to do with work ethic. Feel free to pm me if you're still confused on this overwhelmingly complex post

How a player carries himself definitely factors in to a comparison. A player could have all the skill in the world but if he's got the attitude of someone like Filatov he won't get very far. You think scouts don't take players off ice personalities into account when they scout them? William Nylander was passed over (foolishly) because of rumours about his work ethic. Josh Ho Sang also fell because of questions concerning his attitude.

Liljegren might have similar attributes to Bealieu, but that doesn't make it a great comparison when as people, they aren't anything alike.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
How a player carries himself definitely factors in to a comparison. A player could have all the skill in the world but if he's got the attitude of someone like Filatov he won't get very far. You think scouts don't take players off ice personalities into account when they scout them? William Nylander was passed over (foolishly) because of rumours about his work ethic. Josh Ho Sang also fell because of questions concerning his attitude.

Liljegren might have similar attributes to Bealieu, but that doesn't make it a great comparison when as people, they aren't anything alike.

I actually never said it was a great comparison if you read the thread. Just stated that responding by saying liljegren never beat up anyone with his dad at a gold tournament isn't the best argument in that scenario. You're arguing with the wrong poster

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

The issue with William Nylander wasn't work ethic related. The issue with him was that people believed he played selfishly (which had truth to it) and that teammates hated him. A fair amount of this was caused by his dad's antics and it is unclear how true the rumors were.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The issue with William Nylander wasn't work ethic related. The issue with him was that people believed he played selfishly (which had truth to it) and that teammates hated him. A fair amount of this was caused by his dad's antics and it is unclear how true the rumors were.

Huh. I swear people questioned his work ethic as well. Maybe it wasn't a scouts observations I'm remembering, but having to read HF twist Nylander's, background (for lack of a better term I can't think of), to fit a negative connotation as a skilled handsome Swede.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I just made a consensus list based on it and posted it in a separate thread based on what they have done in the past for the 2015 and 2016 drafts. For some reason they didn't do it this year, but it is neat to see the consensus, so I took the time to do it for this draft.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2377967

Good thread. Hague dropped hard, Brannstrom was a decent riser. Him and Liljegren were impressive at the WJSS. I see my boy Yamamoto went exactly where he was projected at 22.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
is mono worst than breaking your leg? some prospects rated very high at beginning of year suffer horrible leg injuries miss the year or play a small portion of the season and still get picked very high

I honestly believe that if Liljegren suffered a major injury and missed all or most of his draft year, he would've been picked 10+ spots higher.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

not for nothing, but read this and it made me realize liljegren didn't fall because of attitude or work ethic, he fell because of his play. not mono. Ill make this point one final time. He was projected to go at the top of the draft (great, doesn't matter at all because he didn't). this means scouts had seen ALOT of him prior to this year. They know what he is. This year, as people watched closer the flaws in his game became evident. He fell because of those, not his illness.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I honestly believe that if Liljegren suffered a major injury and missed all or most of his draft year, he would've been picked 10+ spots higher.

again, because the flaws in his game wouldn't become as apparent.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
not for nothing, but read this and it made me realize liljegren didn't fall because of attitude or work ethic, he fell because of his play. not mono. Ill make this point one final time. He was projected to go at the top of the draft (great, doesn't matter at all because he didn't). this means scouts had seen ALOT of him prior to this year. They know what he is. This year, as people watched closer the flaws in his game became evident. He fell because of those, not his illness.
Let's just ignore what mono did to Couture and Couturier's stock. Couture went from #1 on ISS to being ranked in the teens by central scouting by the draft, and is arguably the 2nd best player from his draft class taken in the 1st round. Couture slipped to 8th after being top 2, and the only player taken ahead of him who is clearly better is Scheifele (who was a reach), Larsson, RNH and Landeskog are all debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad