RD Timothy Liljegren - Ex-Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I think Brannstrom will be the better player when all is said and done. He's the more consistent player of the 2.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I think Brannstrom will be the better player when all is said and done. He's the more consistent player of the 2.

I can see it. Though I don't think the gap b/w the two will be all that big. This was a great defensemen draft. I think guys like Brannstrom, liligren, Timmins will all end up steals for the team that drafted them and be close to top pairing defensemen.

LaymanX

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Was better than I expected. I am naturally a pessimist so I assumed he dropped to 17 for a solid reason besides mono..

If it turns out that a bunch of teams passed on him due to a temporary illness then :badidea:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Was better than I expected. I am naturally a pessimist so I assumed he dropped to 17 for a solid reason besides mono..

If it turns out that a bunch of teams passed on him due to a temporary illness then :badidea:

What kind of person is naturally a pessimist :laugh:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
lol at the memes

he's a good prospect and a good pick, just let him be that and stop deriding him

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Finishing 2nd in tournament scoring and doing it as a D ain't half bad. Good for the kid.

Anyone catch today's game and able to offer some thoughts on his play?

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
For some reason I keep thinking about Sean Couturier, he was also expected to be a top 2 pick a year before his draft and also got mono in his draft year. While he has never lived up to the hype he had when he was thought to be a top 2 pick I don't think you will find many if any Flyers fans who are disappointed in him.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Finishing 2nd in tournament scoring and doing it as a D ain't half bad. Good for the kid.

Anyone catch today's game and able to offer some thoughts on his play?

Where did you see the tournament stats?

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/stats/league_instance/59319?order_by=hkspts&order_dir=desc&stat_tab=ice_hockey_skater&subseason=418967

According to this he didnt finish 2nd in scoring and also saw someone else said he had 6 pts in 5 games which doesnt match again.

Not trying to bash the fans or the kid at all, just trying to get the right stats.

Anyways to stay on topic, didnt see many games of his but it seems like he had an great tournament overall but whoever said that hes trying to do much nailed it on the head. Guess that why some are saying that he has a poor hockey IQ but I dont think its accurate. Its also a showcase so sometimes players want to do a little too much and it backfires.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/stats/league_instance/59319?order_by=hkspts&order_dir=desc&stat_tab=ice_hockey_skater&subseason=418967

According to this he didnt finish 2nd in scoring and also saw someone else said he had 6 pts in 5 games which doesnt match again.

Not trying to bash the fans or the kid at all, just trying to get the right stats.

Anyways to stay on topic, didnt see many games of his but it seems like he had an great tournament overall but whoever said that hes trying to do much nailed it on the head. Guess that why some are saying that he has a poor hockey IQ but I dont think its accurate. Its also a showcase so sometimes players want to do a little too much and it backfires.

The website is garbage at keeping up with stats. Liljegren had a couple of assists that weren't scored on the website and I guess they still haven't bothered to update it.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015

Here are his six points.

Liljegren's 2 Points in Game 1 of the showcase

Goal in Game 1 of the Showcase

Reference to his Assist in Game 1 (can't find the clip)

Liljegren's three points in Game 4 of Showcase

Goal

1st assist

2nd assist - outlet pass (only TSN clip showed his pass)

http://www.tsn.ca/video/jonsson-fjal...sweden~1181727

Reference to assist on last night's game winner in game 5 of the showcase (can't find the clip)

Last edited:

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
I was expecting a more one dimensional player since he fell all the way to 17, but his game was actually very solid all around. Definitely going to be quite a few teams kicking themselves for not drafting him.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He had 1g and 2a in one of his games too. They never counted the assist. The tournament was pretty bad overall. I don't really understand why people bring brannstrom into here? He was selected at 15, we selected at 17. At 17 liljegren is the bpa

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
He had 1g and 2a in one of his games too. They never counted the assist. The tournament was pretty bad overall. I don't really understand why people bring brannstrom into here? He was selected at 15, we selected at 17. At 17 liljegren is the bpa

The only time a team seemed to get credit for secondary assists (except for the odd one) were US. If you were playing the US you got some and they always got theirs. Yesterday they seemed to track the assists fairly well. Look at the gamesheets on the site with the Americans, and then look at the ones prior to yesterday with the games the US wasn't playing in. The Canada vs Sweden game scoring was a complete joke. They missed tons of assists. Besides the Liljegren ones, I know they missed one for Makar, and a lot of others. Watch the clips of the goals. Just a joke. If anyone cannot be bothered to search out clips, just look at the two Liljegren assists in the clips above under Game 4. Can anyone dispute those are assists? On the first one the slide across the point to Brannstrom and the second one the outlet pass up ice to the player who go the primary assist.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

That site is pretty bad. They say Liljegren didn't have any powerplay assists when you can clearly see in this highlight below that he got an assist on the Pettersen powerplay goal as Button even comments about.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
That site is pretty bad. They say Liljegren didn't have any powerplay assists when you can clearly see in this highlight below that he got an assist on the Pettersen powerplay goal as Button even comments about.

The TSN clip in my post above that shows his points, clearly shows the other missed assist too. I doubt if they update, anything on the website at this point, but I think it is brutal they they seemed to not care about assists from other teams, but tracked them carefully for the USA, especially if you are going to put up a scoring leaders chart.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I was expecting a more one dimensional player since he fell all the way to 17, but his game was actually very solid all around. Definitely going to be quite a few teams kicking themselves for not drafting him.

Getting a right handed D at 17 overall with his kind of tools, skill and all around ability, is a steal.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
His skating is very strong but he seems to have a bit of tunnel vision when he's rushing the puck up the ice which is concerning. I only saw highlights, so I can't comment on his overall play. Solid pick for the Leafs none the less.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
His skating is very strong but he seems to have a bit of tunnel vision when he's rushing the puck up the ice which is concerning. I only saw highlights, so I can't comment on his overall play. Solid pick for the Leafs none the less.

I think that's just the highlights making it look that way since they're probably only using his solo rush efforts. Plenty of instances in the actual games where he distributes the puck to a forward or his partner as he start the transition up the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->