RD Timothy Liljegren (2017, 17th, TOR) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
I know he was injured, but how was his play before injury? According to Friedman, the Kings might have preferred to get Durzi instead of Liljegren in the Muzzin trade... which is kind of concerning. Was he that bad? Always thought Liljegren was a superior prospect to overager Durzi.

31 Thoughts: Three key decisions holding up NHL trade deadline dominos - Sportsnet.ca
From what I've seen Liljegren still is the better prospect. He was decent in the AHL, might not have high end offensive potential but he's a good puck mover who could be a solid top 4 if he rounds out defensively. Durzi is older than him and wasn't good enough for the Leafs to put him in the AHL...I'm surprised Elliot has heard this and am curious how many scouts think this, because Durzi hasn't taken much of a step forward from last year in my viewings, which he should as an OA...easier to look good (especially now in Guelph who has a strong team) as an OA in junior than look good as an AHLer in your 2nd year of pro (when you could still be playing your final year of regular junior eligibility this season and OA eligible year next season).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Liljegren is a better prospect than Durzi. He's younger and Durzi wasn't even good enough to make the Marlies this year. The guy most connected to Dubas in the media made it sound like Leafs were very down on Durzi. If it was Grundstrom or Liljegen then maybe, but I still think Leafs would have balked at that.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I know he was injured, but how was his play before injury? According to Friedman, the Kings might have preferred to get Durzi instead of Liljegren in the Muzzin trade... which is kind of concerning. Was he that bad? Always thought Liljegren was a superior prospect to overager Durzi.

31 Thoughts: Three key decisions holding up NHL trade deadline dominos - Sportsnet.ca

Durzi was cut from the Marlies this season.

Liljegren plays on the Marlies top pairing, and is a year younger. There is a pretty big gap here.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Durzi was cut from the Marlies this season.

Liljegren plays on the Marlies top pairing, and is a year younger. There is a pretty big gap here.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things as Liljengren has been and continues to be the superior prospect, but they are 6 months apart. Both were eligible for the same NHL Entry Draft.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That would atleast make sense....you just said he is a bottom six defensemen. That literally just means he plays defense. Yes he is one of 6 defensemen on the ice. Though you are wrong anyways.

Meh.

Last edited:

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
He is a bottom 6. Deal with it.
You can’t be a bottom 6 defenseman when there are only 6 defenseman...Now, if you said he is a bottom pairing defenseman, that would make sense my friend, although he isn’t a bottom pairing defenseman but saying that wouldn’t at least make you sound like a complete uneducated idiot

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
You can’t be a bottom 6 defenseman when there are only 6 defenseman...Now, if you said he is a bottom pairing defenseman, that would make sense my friend, although he isn’t a bottom pairing defenseman but saying that wouldn’t at least make you sound like a complete uneducated idiot
I guess technically every defender playing is a bottom-6 defender.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
So confused by the way Friedman wrote that little snippet. He seemed to be implying that Liljegren was on the table and the Kings chose Durzi. I don't believe that for one second.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things as Liljengren has been and continues to be the superior prospect, but they are 6 months apart. Both were eligible for the same NHL Entry Draft.

Yeah not that it matters but Durzi is 98 born, Liljegren is a 99. Only one of them was still eligible for the WJC this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad