RD Ruben Rafkin - TPS Turku, Liiga (2020 undrafted)

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Better performers if not the best Finn in recent U17 Russia matches. Small in stature but very physical defensman who loves to go for big hits though it cost him couple penalties. Good skater and stickhandler can carry puck up ice with ease. Also solid puck distributor. Lots of upside in his game

Couple hits and peeps

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Liked what I saw from this guy among the Finn's yesterday. Very good skater and puck mover. Small in stature, but plays physical. How is his hockey IQ for someone who has watched him play more?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 1 goal vs Canada Red yesterday's U17 world hockey challenge game.
Video of the goal comes later ( when i found it)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Nobody is paying attention of Ruben's season i guess, scored his first career goal in his last game.
Great start to the season: 1+8=9 in 9 games. Spitfires leader in points by rookies & d-men (second in Spitfires scoring).

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Nobody is paying attention of Ruben's season i guess, scored his first career goal in his last game.
Great start to the season: 1+8=9 in 9 games. Spitfires leader in points by rookies & d-men (second in Spitfires scoring).
Watching the games, he has been Windsor’s best defenceman by a mile. Kinda reminds me of how Sergachev played in his 17 y/o season with Windsor.

Reactions: slumpy43

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the games, he has been Windsor’s best defenceman by a mile. Kinda reminds me of how Sergachev played in his 17 y/o season with Windsor.

how was his 2nd half? i saw a little of him early on and really liked his game

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems more Finns now are using CHL as a gateway , avoiding additional years of Jr.A SM-liiga/ Mestis and then jumping straight to Liiga.

Reactions: FinPanda

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Finnish defenceman Ruben Rafkin was selected by the Windsor Spitfires with the 14th overall pick in the 2019 CHL Import Draft. He came to the OHL and put up four goals and 27 assists for 31 points in 59 games this season. Rafkin was also named to the OHL’s All-Rookie Team. He also played three games for Finland at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, recording one assist in three tournament games.

Last season, Rafkin played for the Tri-City Storm in the USHL. He put up two goals and eight assists for 10 points in 38 games. He also played for Finland at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Rafkin scored a goal and an assist for two points, helping the Finns to a silver medal. He also played three games at the European Youth Olympic Festival, picking up one assist and helping the Finnish team to a Bronze medal. Overall he played 18 games with the Finnish Under-17 team, scoring two goals and six assists for eight points.

In April, Rafkin announced that he will not return to the Spitfires next season. He has chosen to return to Finland to play for TPS Turku in the SM-Liiga.

Our Scouting Report is here
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/06/11/ruben-rafkin-scouting-report/

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Looks like his skating has taken a big step forward during the summer, had a really nice end-to-end rush that almost ended in a goal in his first game with TPS.

Been ranked all over place in the rankings but I could see him going in the second or third round, he has some good potential to be a physical two way defenseman who can do a bit everything.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Looks like his skating has taken a big step forward during the summer, had a really nice end-to-end rush that almost ended in a goal in his first game with TPS.

Been ranked all over place in the rankings but I could see him going in the second or third round, he has some good potential to be a physical two way defenseman who can do a bit everything.
Yeah I had Knazko higher and Rafkin beat him out for a spot (Knazko to the jr team). Kind of guy a lot of coaches will like... a bit of nasty to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad