RD Philippe Myers (2015 undrafted; 2015 signed, PHI)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd like to see Myers get thru to the Memorial Cup again so we can watch him on a big stage, but 8-seed Chicoutimi are giving them all they can handle even without Rubtsov.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd like to see Myers get thru to the Memorial Cup again so we can watch him on a big stage, but 8-seed Chicoutimi are giving them all they can handle even without Rubtsov.

They have essentially 0 shot at getting by either Charlottetown and especially Saint John

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
When RN is on their game they can beat anyone. Charlottetown has never been to the 3rd round before in franchise history and couldn't beat Saint John once down the stretch, they certainly aren't unbeatable. RN would have the best shot to defeat Saint John in the finals too. But no, I wouldn't hold too high hopes seeing Myers in the Mem Cup again, but he can start by doing something to win tonight though.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Morin, Sanheim, Hagg and Myers are all pretty much NHL ready. Hextall will not start 4 rookies. So, unfortunately Myers will probably start the year in the AHL and if he is playing really well he maybe could join the team near the TDL or Christmas.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So much talent all hitting at the same time.

They can afford to be patient, but these guys might force the Flyers hands. I would be totally fine if this year was a "development" year and they threw 3 kids into the starting 6 D. They all have AHL experience so they are not 18/19 year olds being thrown into the deep end.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
So much talent all hitting at the same time.

They can afford to be patient, but these guys might force the Flyers hands. I would be totally fine if this year was a "development" year and they threw 3 kids into the starting 6 D. They all have AHL experience so they are not 18/19 year olds being thrown into the deep end.

Myers only has junior games under his belt. Haven't seen anything from this camp, but last year he looked good.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Myers only has junior games under his belt. Haven't seen anything from this camp, but last year he looked good.

Let Myers develop in the AHL this year. Morin and Hagg are ready and I suspect Sanheim will also force his way onto the big club at camp.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
Myers is off to a great start with 3g 3a +10 in 9 games. He is taking more shots this year and I feel we are about to see him take another step in his offensive game.

Chabot, Girard, Lajoie, Myers, Beaudin, Morin...that’s an exciting group of blue liners made in Québec.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Myers is off to a great start with 3g 3a +10 in 9 games. He is taking more shots this year and I feel we are about to see him take another step in his offensive game.

Chabot, Girard, Lajoie, Myers, Beaudin, Morin...that’s an exciting group of blue liners made in Québec.
Lajoie played most of his hockey outside of Quebec, but it's an impressive list nevertheless.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
A 21 years old 6’5 RHD leading the AHL in points at even strength?

Credit : @Appleyard

I am surely not the only Flyers fan who fantasize about that young, big and beautiful D.

Provorov (21) - Sanheim (22)
Ghost (25) - Hagg (23)
Morin (23) - Myers (21)

full

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That’s surprising, he isn’t even pacing for the most even strength points from a Dman this year.

Yeh, it is difficult to do over a whole season... and most guys who start on that kind of pace are "extracted" from the AHL before they get a chance.

If guys produce at such a high level they generally get called up before they hit 20 games... like Pilut, Hronek and Yakovlev this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->