RD Noah Juulsen - Everett Silvertips, WHL (2015, 26th, MTL, claimed off waivers by FLA)

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I got 7 points in 7 games from Elite prospects and 11 in 9 from hockeydb. does anyone know what the actual stats are.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Yeah, those stats on Elite prospects probably aren't updated yet. WHL site also has 11 in 9.

Ok not sure but when you get 11 points in 9 games he sounds like he is great offensive defenseman. Sounds like an interesting prospect. Possibly a sleeper prospect

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Really been surprised with how great Juulsen's numbers have been. I gave him a bit of pump at U18 camp and he has really taken off to start the year.

He was always more of a first-pass dman for me, great range in his stride with a mean streak. Haven't watch any Tips games this year, but happy his hard work is paying off. He'll be a top-100 guy for sure.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Haven't caught him live yet this year but liked what I've seen when watching Everett online. He can move, advance the puck and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. Definitely rising on my personal list.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
One of the biggest risers when comparing my November draft ranking list to my new midseason list from the WHL. He climbs 5 spots to 11th overall.

11 (16) – Noah Juulsen – D – Everett Silvertips – The climb upwards for Juulsen continues in my mid-season rankings. My original release had him 20th before jumping up to the 16th spot in November. Now he finds himself just outside the top 10, and for good reason. The Everett blueliner is proving to be a reliable jack of all trades type of guy for the Silvertips. He plays top-pairing minutes alongside Ben Betker, he kills penalties and faces tough matchups. He’s also producing almost as well as any other draft-eligible defender from the WHL with 26 points in 35 games this season. He moves well, passes the puck well, can shoot it and has a desire to step up and throw some aggressive and punishing hits. He’s sturdy and reliable and is deserving of legitimate top 50 discussion.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2014/12/2015-nhl-draft-rankings-midseason.html

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Mid 2nd is where I think he'll go. Although I would love him to drop a bit to the late 2nd so my Habs can draft him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Funny player because he has such a different mentality with the puck on his stick vs. without it.

With the puck on his stick, he's calm and controlled, can control the pace of the game. Outstanding, crisp outlet passer. Poised with the puck in tight spaces, can slow the game down and make room for himself. Shows ability to play on the PP moving up levels.

Away from the puck, he's much less composed and is a high-energy player looking to make things happen. Loves throwing the body and will go out of position for a big hit. He's not 'Dumba-dumb' or anything but plays a similar-ish style at times, and can play top pairing minutes effectively as his anticipation and recovery skills are strong, but you'd like him to tone it down a bit and play a bit more within himself. And you wonder if his body will break down playing that style at that size.

Skating is average going forward and he isn't really a puck-rushing guy up ice, but his footwork and lateral mobility is strong in defensive situations. Size is obviously an issue - you wonder if he can fill out and be a Vlasic-type, or if he'll be a skinny, fringe-y puck mover like a Jon Blum or Calvin de Haan.

Suspect he'll go somewhere between pick 25 and pick 45. Definitely a talent.

S N Y P E R S 7

Feb 22, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Noah Juulsen Prospect Profile

"A solid two-way defender, Noah Juulsen is able to force plays and always find ways to support his teammates. Juulsen is a smooth, yet not dynamic skater, and is mobile when he needs to be. Plays with a chip on his shoulder, and isn't afraid to take the hit to make the play. Sees the ice well and has the individual skills to carry out the possibilities he sees. Very poised with the puck; calm and controls the play with authority. Has good hands. Without the puck and in high-pressure situations, Juulsen tends to overthink things and can try to do a little too much; that will go away with time and maturity. All-in-all, an impactful presence on the ice that strives to be difficult to play against; given how hard he works and how smart he is with the puck, he can be a very difficult player to read with and without the puck. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)"

- EliteProspects

arsmaster*

He wouldn't be there on my board. A top 45 pick for sure.

I was going to ask you about this, I've tried to watch him a bit more in the 2nd half and I'm very impressed.

When is your next rankings going to come out?

I can't help but think he's moved up past 11th. I'd easily take him ahead of Wotherspoon and Carlo.

He's so poised with the puck. MS made comments about being a little frantic without it, but I didn't see that and I watched both games against the Royals last weekend.

Wouldn't shock me for a team to like him enough to take him top 30. I think he's got tons of room to add to his frame, and has all the skills I like in a defender (skating/agility, Hockey Sense/Poise) on top of being tremendously productive on a stingy team.

Plays the PP, plays the PK. He's a stud.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Good old Abby boy! Really want to grab this guy, but he's rising fast.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I was going to ask you about this, I've tried to watch him a bit more in the 2nd half and I'm very impressed.

When is your next rankings going to come out?

I can't help but think he's moved up past 11th. I'd easily take him ahead of Wotherspoon and Carlo.

He's so poised with the puck. MS made comments about being a little frantic without it, but I didn't see that and I watched both games against the Royals last weekend.

Wouldn't shock me for a team to like him enough to take him top 30. I think he's got tons of room to add to his frame, and has all the skills I like in a defender (skating/agility, Hockey Sense/Poise) on top of being tremendously productive on a stingy team.

Plays the PP, plays the PK. He's a stud.

Well, I had him 8th in my most recent ranking, moving up from 11 at my midterm. We'll see where he ends up come my final rankings but it's not crazy to see him inside my top 7. He will end up ahead of Carlo for me and I've had him ahead of Wotherspoon for the second half season now, too.

I like everything he does. I don't think he's a pure puck handler or a pure offensive instincts guy, but he's good enough to get by in that regard. Moves the puck well and has a big shot that helps generates first-shot goals and rebound chances. Really like his defensive physicality and think he'll be a terror once he's bigger and stronger.

Not sure I'd call him a first rounder but he's definitely not that far off. He's had far better production than many people know or expected. I read today that he hoped to double his offence this year and instead it increased by 400%.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm hoping he makes it to the Oilers second rounder.

They desperately need right-handed defensemen. I believe he's been paired with Ben Betker(an Oilers prospect) too, so that's kind of a bonus.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm hoping he makes it to the Oilers second rounder.

They desperately need right-handed defensemen. I believe he's been paired with Ben Betker(an Oilers prospect) too, so that's kind of a bonus.

Yes, they played over 60 games together based on my line tracking this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad