RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They are going to call this whole draft "generational" until next year... 3 Generational defense men and the Bouchard crowd hasn't weighed in... Plus is Smith is part of this group or not. What about Boqvist ... There are a lot of internet scouts and mock drafts that see him going off the board as the 2nd D..Is he generational too? Apparently could be...

Now that they are all generational .. what's the term for Dahlin? uber-generational

Last edited:
Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Not every 1st overall pick is generational, but a generational player has to be the best player in his draft and not by a small amount. Otherwise he’s not generational.

*this isn’t to say a generational player can’t be found later in the draft (Lidstrom, Jagr, Hasek) But you can’t consider them generational at the time if you aren’t willing to take them 1st overall.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd like to know a bit more about Dobson and his stickhandling/hands. I've read a few folks posting things about him bobbling pucks, or having difficulty sometimes making a pass.

Is there a legit concern with his hands, or are folks just nitpicking a bit?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'd like to know a bit more about Dobson and his stickhandling/hands. I've read a few folks posting things about him bobbling pucks, or having difficulty sometimes making a pass.

Is there a legit concern with his hands, or are folks just nitpicking a bit?
I don't think there should be any concerns with his passing. He's not one to dangle other players out of their jockstrap but that's fine when he can blaze by them.

HC7

May 2, 2018
I could see picks 4 and 5 (Dobson/Bouchard) being better than the 2 wingers at 2 and 3.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
They are going to call this whole draft "generational" until next year... 3 Generational defense men and the Bouchard crowd hasn't weighed in... Plus is Smith is part of this group or not. What about Boqvist ... There are a lot of internet scouts and mock drafts that see him going off the board as the 2nd D..Is he generational too? Apparently could be...

Now that they are all generational .. what's the term for Dahlin? uber-generational

Franchise D, maybe that's the word they mean. He has the tools to be one. Time will tell.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Im not a fan of his hands and skills at this point of his development. His skating, size and iq are fantastic.

However alot of scouts have said he is still raw but has tons of room.left to grow which is good because i think he has alot of developing to do.

I project him to be a less offensive Seth Jones - Pietrangelo player w. Top pairing potential.

I would pick him in the top 5

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I'm more than confident in saying Dobson isn't and won't be a Geberational player.

Just for curiosity sakes, who do you consider a generational player in the NHL? Because there is only Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid as sure thing generational players, hence the generational tag...

It’s crazy how people forget about Evgeny Malkin. He’s as much as generational as Ovy and Crosby. And it’s crazy how people put McDavid as generational when freaking Malkin has led the league multiple times and won the Conn Smythe and Hart too. Malkin of this generation, is a definition of generational no doubt.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It’s crazy how people forget about Evgeny Malkin. He’s as much as generational as Ovy and Crosby. And it’s crazy how people put McDavid as generational when freaking Malkin has led the league multiple times and won the Conn Smythe and Hart too. Malkin of this generation, is a definition of generational no doubt.
I don't get how there can be 3 generational guys in 2 drafts that happened next to each other. I'd be more inclined to say none of them are generational than stating all 3 are. Generational is supposed to mean the best of his generation, a current example of that would be Lebron, he has no real challengers or Mike Trout in the MLB. If I had to pick one, I would say Crosby is, and possibly Ovi (and Malkin is my favorite non-Leaf in the league) and McDavid likely is.

I don't think Malkin has separated himself from someone like Sakic or Yzerman, who I wouldn't label generational either.

Reactions: dood and 99664987

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Crosby gets all the awards, Malkin plays better in the playoffs, and is more talented. But the NHL will make sure to give the playoff MVP to Crosby because one is from Canada, the other is from Russia.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I don't get how there can be 3 generational guys in 2 drafts that happened next to each other. I'd be more inclined to say none of them are generational than stating all 3 are. Generational is supposed to mean the best of his generation, a current example of that would be Lebron, he has no real challengers or Mike Trout in the MLB. If I had to pick one, I would say Crosby is, and possibly Ovi (and Malkin is my favorite non-Leaf in the league) and McDavid likely is.

I don't think Malkin has separated himself from someone like Sakic or Yzerman, who I wouldn't label generational either.

People on HF have always had a strange obsession with labeling and bucketing players. "Generational", "Franchise", "Puck Moving Defenseman", "Number 1 Defenseman", etc... and have somehow not come to understand collectively to this day that there's no definition for what these terms even really mean; ultimately people disagree ad nauseam.

I'd suggest that you don't have to be the best of your generation or a "once per generation" player to be considered a generational player. Rather they are players who define a generation.

Regardless these are all pretty meaningless, contrived-by-fan terms.

Reactions: JayF

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Crosby gets all the awards, Malkin plays better in the playoffs, and is more talented. But the NHL will make sure to give the playoff MVP to Crosby because one is from Canada, the other is from Russia.
GTFO. Most of the f***ing NHL media is American now so f*** off with the Canada bias . Crosby is a top 10 all time player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GTFO. Most of the ****ing NHL media is American now so **** off with the Canada bias . Crosby is a top 10 all time player.

The NHL runs through Canada. There might be more US teams, but the media coverage and viewership is guided more by Canada than the USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad