RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think the idea is that those players were very good in junior, and played their 19 and in some cases 20 year old seasons there, and draft-eligible Dobson is still the best d-man he has seen play for them.
I know someone who insists Nolan Baumgartner is the best junior defenseman he'd ever seen.

Last edited:

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
I think the idea is that those players were very good in junior, and played their 19 and in some cases 20 year old seasons there, and draft-eligible Dobson is still the best d-man he has seen play for them.
You got it!

And someone here is forgetting how smooth a skater was Jonathan Girard....and he was a 1st round pick.
Dobson is already a pro....at 17.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
I would hope so?

Respectfully, none of those guys were or should have been at any point considered high draft picks. Even Beauchemin, with the nice career he carved out, isn't really a top half of the 1st rd type of talent.
Looking at pro careers to judge past prospects does not cut it!
Girard had a terrible car accident that ended his hockey career.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would hope so?

Respectfully, none of those guys were or should have been at any point considered high draft picks. Even Beauchemin, with the nice career he carved out, isn't really a top half of the 1st rd type of talent.

Well no Beauchemin has had a career of a top 10 pick easily he was a top pairing d on a cup winner and is still playing. Dobson is certainly the better prospect coming out of Jr but that doesn't mean he will have a better career.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
Well no Beauchemin has had a career of a top 10 pick easily he was a top pairing d on a cup winner and is still playing. Dobson is certainly the better prospect coming out of Jr but that doesn't mean he will have a better career.
I would be stupid to not project a very successful prop career to Dobson.
He's got everything!
And that is not even exaggerating....

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
Why do people continue to suggest he has limited offensive upside? He is the second best D in this draft easily, IMO.
Exactly!
If there is a better one, he better be real good and I hope the team that picks another one ahead of him are sure of what they are doing.
Dobson is a generational player as far as I am concerned.....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You can hate it all you want, but the fact remains and you will see in the next few years.
I'm more than confident in saying Dobson isn't and won't be a Geberational player.

Just for curiosity sakes, who do you consider a generational player in the NHL? Because there is only Crosby, Ovechkin and McDavid as sure thing generational players, hence the generational tag...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That strikes me as the sens going for most NHL ready over most pro potential. Would be par for the course with this group lately.

Agreed on Tkachuk, not on Bouchard.

Bouchard's PPG in his 18YR old season ranks top 3 for any defenseman in the CHL in the 21st century.

Production results from elite hockey IQ, skill and shooting ability. He doesn't lack pro potential in the slightest.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm high on Dobson, think this Memorial Cup victory could likely get him drafted higher. I just hope the ABT win the Memorial Cup, can't stand it when host teams win it...

Reactions: BernieParent
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Exactly!
If there is a better one, he better be real good and I hope the team that picks another one ahead of him are sure of what they are doing.
What a deep draft this is with 3 generational players between Dahlin, Hughes, and Dobson.

/s

Strike another victory for hfboards' ability to avoid outlandish hype...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ISS , one of the best 3 letter NHL prospect scouting sources available where the last 2 letters of their name are the same has the Sens taking Dobson at 4th after the Habs took Tkachuk at 3. That could happen .. some talk suggests the Sens prefer Bouchard but ...I prefer Dobson. I think its not far fetched that Zadina could fall to 5 or 6.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Exactly!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad