RD Nils Lundkvist - Luleå, SWE JRs (2018, 28th, NYR)

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I was born and raised outside of Göteborg, so guess :P
I still call them Västra Frölunda because that indian thing has been stupid since it started back in the 90´s and I´m glad it will change.

That’s great, then we can agree on something at least :)

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
He’ll be a much more likable replacement, that’s for sure.

and cheaper, which is important.

You need the younger guys (Miller, Lundkvist) to financially offset the expensive vets (Trouba, Fox after his next deal) if you want to have a team that can win a cup.

Even if ADA didn't have his issues, we would have likely had to move on from him anyway, as we can't afford to pay three or four D 5M+ a year.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
1 pp goal so far with Sweden national team against the czecks, his first!

Had been money for Oilers, need a puckmover and some threats from blueline!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

riviera71

Dec 14, 2019
Gothenburg
I was born and raised outside of Göteborg, so guess :P
I still call them Västra Frölunda because that indian thing has been stupid since it started back in the 90´s and I´m glad it will change.

I still (vaguely) remember this :D
Don't think they ever had it on their jerseys though

Attachments

• vstra_frlunda_v_timr_matchprogram_31_jan_1974.jpg
    vstra_frlunda_v_timr_matchprogram_31_jan_1974.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After reading all the claims from Detroit fans that Seider is the best defensemen in the SHL, it got me wondering where Lundkvist ranks among SHL defensemen. Does anyone have a guess? Is he top 2-3? top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

Statistically speaking, he's 9th among defensemen in points, second in SOG, first in goals, 16th in TOI/G, 55% CF%. Sounds like he's one of the better defensemen in the league, and we might've missed out on crowning him with all these accolades while he's still a prospect. Soon he'll be an NHL rookie.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
After reading all the claims from Detroit fans that Seider is the best defensemen in the SHL, it got me wondering where Lundkvist ranks among SHL defensemen. Does anyone have a guess? Is he top 2-3? top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

Statistically speaking, he's 9th among defensemen in points, second in SOG, first in goals, 16th in TOI/G, 55% CF%. Sounds like he's one of the better defensemen in the league, and we might've missed out on crowning him with all these accolades while he's still a prospect. Soon he'll be an NHL rookie.

Seider is very very good. For a 19 year old defenseman, his game’s remarkably complete.

I’m not sure that he’s necessarily any better than Lundkvist, though, from what I’ve seen of them both.

In a recent player’s poll, Erik Gustafsson was voted league MVP, any position, and it’s just puzzling to me how he’s not in the NHL. Most complete player in the SHL, in my biased opinion.

I think Gustafsson, Seider and Lundkvist all have cases for being at least top five defensemen in the SHL.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Seider is very very good. For a 19 year old defenseman, his game’s remarkably complete.

I’m not sure that he’s necessarily any better than Lundkvist, though, from what I’ve seen of them both.

In a recent player’s poll, Erik Gustafsson was voted league MVP, any position, and it’s just puzzling to me how he’s not in the NHL. Most complete player in the SHL, in my biased opinion.

I think Gustafsson, Seider and Lundkvist all have cases for being at least top five defensemen in the SHL.

He played a few seasons in the NHL when he was younger, but at 32 now nobody is going to sign him.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
He played a few seasons in the NHL when he was younger, but at 32 now nobody is going to sign him.

Yes I’m aware, I’m just puzzled about his career track, seeing how good a player he is. He seems to have bounced quite a bit between AHL and the NHL when with the Flyers, so I guess the KHL offered more in terms of stability. I think the move to Sweden was based on him and his partner wanting to raise their children here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad