RD Nick Ebert - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2012, 211th overall, Los Angeles)

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I am not downing Murray at all. He is an offensive defensemen that simply hasnt had the numbers that one would expect this season. Now numbers arent the end all, and I usually argue that, but in the WHL it seems dmen score in bunches and he hasnt.

I am sure Murray has improved his all around game, but Ebert is every bit of a two way threat as well. Ebert needs to work on things as well, but what he currently has (skillset) not many others can match.

as for the WJC, I would be floored if Ebert does not make Team USA next year. Though the blueline will be crowded from the likes of : Forbort, Merrill, Faulk, Clendening, Oleksiak, Tinordi, Johns, Levi, Mayfield, Russo etc, USA Hockey will make room for him the way they did with Fowler last season. I hope both are at the WJC representing their respective countries, as it will be a nice battle to see how they both perform on a big stage.

Everett, the team Murray plays on, plays a very defensive style and Murray is expected to make safe plays and defend 1st and foremost but a couple of times a game, even last season as a 15 year old he would make a commanding rush up ice and its was then that you could really see how special this kid will be.

Murray leads his team in plus/minus as a 16 year old and he plays all of the top minutes out there as well.

jughead42*

I think the USA just sends the U17 team that is part of the National Team Development Program and plays together all year. Ebert isn't with that team, he signed to play in the OHL instead.

JSilvius*

Did someone honestly put Curcuruto in their top 10 for the 2012 NHL draft? He wasn't talented enough to be a top 10 pick in the OHL draft a few months ago, so I think that's really stretching it. The draft appears to be really deep right now, so I'm not even sure if I'd peg Curcuruto as a first rounder at this point in time. I agree that Ebert should be the favourite to go first overall in the 2012 NHL draft right now.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Did someone honestly put Curcuruto in their top 10 for the 2012 NHL draft? He wasn't talented enough to be a top 10 pick in the OHL draft a few months ago, so I think that's really stretching it. The draft appears to be really deep right now, so I'm not even sure if I'd peg Curcuruto as a first rounder at this point in time. I agree that Ebert should be the favourite to go first overall in the 2012 NHL draft right now.

Nail.

hbajwa96

Aug 27, 2010
Nick Ebert

This guy is real?? I thought he was a fake player in NHL 11! :amazed: Choose him 1st overall btw.

He ends up being 91 overall.

Any info on this guy?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Pretty good player, but he gets more attention than he should just because his dad is the famous film critic Roger Ebert.

Really??!?! I didn't even think of that as a possibility. :laugh: Craziness.

I know about this kid, because I poster on this forum I used to post on coached the kid.

He absolutely loved him. Called him a "cross between Chris Pronger and Mike Green".

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Pretty good player, but he gets more attention than he should just because his dad is the famous film critic Roger Ebert.

He is not Roger Ebert's son. I can prove it because I know him. I've played travel hockey with him a few years ago in NJ (hence my name, KovalSNIPE). His freshman year he played at Livingston High School in NJ and did VERY well. Next year he left and played for the Waterloo Blackhawks in the USHL. Now, he's been playing with the Windsor Spitfires. He is an incredible player and has had a lot of attention because he has play a solid all around game.

Also, in high school, he once got 5 goals in one game with 2 of them being SHG's on the same PK.

If anyone wants proof I can get a picture of his in a high school game.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He is not Roger Ebert's son. I can prove it because I know him. I've played travel hockey with him a few years ago in NJ (hence my name, KovalSNIPE). His freshman year he played at Livingston High School in NJ and did VERY well. Next year he left and played for the Waterloo Blackhawks in the USHL. Now, he's been playing with the Windsor Spitfires. He is an incredible player and has had a lot of attention because he has play a solid all around game.

Also, in high school, he once got 5 goals in one game with 2 of them being SHG's on the same PK.

I talked to him once, and he told me that he's resorted to telling people that his dad is somebody else just to get some peace of mind.

He wants to be known for his hockey skills alone. I can respect that.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I talked to him once, and he told me that he's resorted to telling people that his dad is somebody else just to get some peace of mind.

He wants to be known for his hockey skills alone. I can respect that.

I played travel with him. Met his dad numerous times. He's from NJ, I'm from NJ. He is not related.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
That's his decoy dad. Roger Ebert's family is very private. I think you'd understand if you had that kind of money.

You can't even fool anyone with that "decoy dad" bull****. I've met both of his parents, I've known him for years. He is not related to Roger Ebert.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Highschool hockey achievements are pretty irrelevent by the time you reach the OHL. It would not surprise me if that's true at all, because a lot of players in the OHL could dominate HS hockey at 14/15

Eberts great and he's one of the best players for next year but he gets overrated by some people who made him out to be a lot better than he is.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Okay, Roger. I see what you're doing here now. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner.

HIS PEP PEP IS NOT ROGER EBERT!! :rant:

:sarcasm: :laugh:

I haven't seen much of Ebert but people have been saying he's gonna be a top 5 pick all year.

By the way he really ended up at 90 in NHL11? I had to go in and tweak quite a few junior players a little bit just so they don't end up all being busts. I think with the default rosters Landeskog gets picked in the like 6th or 7th round and I couldn't get him to become an NHL caliber player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad