RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Surely you jest? Marc Staal will be Seider's absolute floor, if he is under-utilized.

Best case for Seider is Victor Hedman (yes, Hedman).

Worst case for Seider is Hampus Lindolm.

Likely case for Seider is Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Anyone who has watched this game close enough for years can see this kid oozes upside at both ends of the ice. And his child-like enthusiasm for the game is quite honestly reminiscent of a young Jaromir Jagr.

Seider will be a complete steal for Yzerman. In two years, he will be considered "the steal" of the draft.
Child-like enthusiasm?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
IF he is gonna play for Grand Rapids, on what line is he gonna play? GR's D core is stacked. Hicketts, Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, McIlrath, McCrea, Lashoff, D' Astous, Crawford.

Might even include Hronek and/or Cholowski. He needs top line minutes.
Hronek is 100% in Detroit, Cholowski is a LD and Seider is RD There shouldn't be a problem there.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
As a Wings fan I do not expect him to ever be a really high-end offensive defensemen. I am, however, very happy with how he has show at the prospects tournament and think that if things break right, he may be able to support a more offensive partner on a top pair some day. I really like his assertiveness, anticipation, intelligence, passing and overall play with the puck. I am not calling him elite, but do like what I am seeing at this stage.

Reactions: Frk It

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Totally irrelevant.

Says you.
I went into this draft thinking about his pattern of not hitting on his top 10 picks, but scoring big steals later.
And this draft feels like it has that kind of potential.

Not saying it's gonna happen for sure. But the best predictor of the future are past patterns.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
As a Wings fan I do not expect him to ever be a really high-end offensive defensemen. I am, however, very happy with how he has show at the prospects tournament and think that if things break right, he may be able to support a more offensive partner on a top pair some day. I really like his assertiveness, anticipation, intelligence, passing and overall play with the puck. I am not calling him elite, but do like what I am seeing at this stage.

Ekman-Larsson, Chara, Weber, Suter, Carlson all weren't considered "really high-end offensive defensemen" when drafted either. They all had raw, untapped talent. Call me an optimist but I see something special in Seider. I'm not even a Wings fan, so I have no reason to toot his horn for no reason. If Seider ends up scoring 15 goals and 50 points in his prime, he will be considered a high-end D. And I suspect he will do that. I'm not expecting 65-70 points like Karlsson or Burns here.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
a dman like seider doesnt produce goals on his own like a karlsson with skating , hes too big to be that type forward like dman . or with a big slapper like weber . seider needs to be meshed in with a unit to be a valuable offensive weapon that utilizes his smarts / soft hands / skating coordination to generate possesion and chances . and i guarantee seider walking the blue line using soft hands and excellent edges to hold onto puck while looking for good passing opportunitys , while also being able to defend vs break aways , is a valuable offensive weapon whom can play on a 1st pp unit easily and rack up all kinds of assist off beauty passes plus his share of goals . his fans are seeing the coordinated skating - soft hands - smarts formula , along with fire in his veins , and realizing this guys a top level dman

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
a dman like seider doesnt produce goals on his own like a karlsson with skating , hes too big to be that type forward like dman . or with a big slapper like weber . seider needs to be meshed in with a unit to be a valuable offensive weapon that utilizes his smarts / soft hands / skating coordination to generate possesion and chances . and i guarantee seider walking the blue line using soft hands and excellent edges to hold onto puck while looking for good passing opportunitys , while also being able to defend vs break aways , is a valuable offensive weapon whom can play on a 1st pp unit easily and rack up all kinds of assist off beauty passes plus his share of goals . his fans are seeing the coordinated skating - soft hands - smarts formula , along with fire in his veins , and realizing this guys a top level dman

Or softly saucer the puck in to Rasmussen near the blue paint for a clever tip in like Lidstrom and Holmstrom use to frequently do.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Or softly saucer the puck in to Rasmussen near the blue paint for a clever tip in like Lidstrom and Holmstrom use to frequently do.
exactly . a bigger and rougher version of the demolition man show . seider must have worked the hell out of his hands / wrists / forearms so he can fire that pill around so precisely and at such velocity . hes custom made to feed razz net front . and from what ive seen seiders always on the look out to flick a quick wrister at the net through traffic

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
He reminds me a ton of Rasmus Ristolainen in the 3 games I've watched this prospect tourney.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
a meaner peterangelo would be a amazing pick at 6. still love with all his skill and size stevey y was most impressed with his smarts and hockey sense.

Reactions: Henkka

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I had Seider as the 2nd best defenseman of the draft after he showed he was a top end talent for the NHL at the last WC, his physical and athletic tools are amazing, add to that a very very high IQ, soft hands, great skating abilities combined with his size and you have a monster in your hands... Seider will be better in his own end than Byram since he is like a young Weber, extremmely strong and aggressive while being smart at the same time... Offensively, I think his potential is still huge, maybe not at the level of a Byram, Hughes, Makar ect, but still high enough to be an effective quarterback on the PP, possibly in the same mold of a Hedman... The upside with this kid is insane, I had Seider ranked 4th overall on my final list, only 1 spot below Byram...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He’s going to be a minute munching top pair guy. 35 points, 25 minute a arm with top PK duties.

Absolute stud. Very similar to Dobson.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He’s going to be a minute munching top pair guy. 35 points, 25 minute a arm with top PK duties.

Absolute stud. Very similar to Dobson.

I think he's going to get so much time on the PP he'll easily get 45 points... think Chara, Ristolainen, etc.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Seider played his first preseason game tonight.

In 18:07 minutes at 5v5, he posted a 54.05% Corsi for, (30.65% relative to the rest of the team, who could only muster a 36.9% Corsi overall), 20 CF, 17 CA and 39.96 relative expected goals for.

Very promising.

via NaturalStatTrick- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 2019-09-18

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
1D? Man, Lindholm's as overrated as ever, I see.

what would you call a guy who plays 23-24 minutes a night, effectively shutting down other teams offense while putting up 30 points without prime powerplay time

just out of curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->