RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I barely heard the name before today. Will definitely remember him now.
Wonder how high he will go in the end.

Reactions: Frannel

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s hard to say where teams value him based on the DEL compared to CHL and European junior leagues. I have him around 15-20, but unless he really puts up some eye catching numbers, I suspect he will be drafted from 20-35.

I agree, interesting skillset but would like to see him against better competition to get a real read on him.

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
Kind of looks like when people are trying to hit Draisaitl. These germans and their ox-like strength :D
Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but they practice this already in the U7 - not with speed of course but every once in a while the coach gives the kids a soft tap and they have to try to remain standing at least where my son is playing hockey...

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Du9kH-BXcAAzHVw.jpg
He’s pretty quick, good edge work and can do the inline crossover. Has a helper today where his jumping in deep set up the space to score.

But good lord, the Christmas gear that Red Bull are wearing is brutal. The only things that aren’t white are their buckets & skates.

Last edited:
Reactions: canucklax

DON VITO

Mar 19, 2014
Germany
Another shoulder injury for Moritz Seider...will miss again at least 5 Weeks

Moritz Seider der Adler Mannheim fällt erneut aus | Adler Mannheim</font>

Google translator:

The 17-year-old youngster injured on January 10 in the home game against the Eisbären Berlin again on the shoulder. This results in further medical examinations, after no improvement had occurred in the previous days.

For Seider it is the second injury-related loss in the season. Because of a shoulder injury, the exceptional talent had to pause already mid-November to early December, but Seider returned to the ice in time for the 2019 IIHF U20 Ice Hockey World Championship Division I and led the U20 national team as captain for promotion. In the season so far the defender has been deployed in 25 DEL games, scoring a goal and three assists.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I've watched a couple of his games and I came away impressed every time. The kid is cool, calm and collected on the ice, doesn't make many mistakes out there and shows pretty good, not ultra high-end, offensive upside, his skating motion is pretty good, top speed is above-average, edges are nice but acceleration could use some more work, he's pretty strong, has pretty good balance, a nice active stick, good hockey IQ, is efficient with the puck (something I really, really like in prospects) and exhibits pretty good defense already, though his gap control could use some more polish as well improving his reads to more easily disrupt passing lanes.

At this point, Seider is a top-15 prospect for me, with an outside chance at being drafted top-ten.

DON VITO

Mar 19, 2014
Germany
The Sabres could end up with something like 12th, 16th and 25th overall. I think Seider will be a Buffalo Sabre in June 21

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Watched him a bit recently and I'm not as hyped on him as some others seem to be. I like him but I don't see him as a real high-end prospect or a future top pair guy. Strikes me more as a 2nd pair, Mike Matheson type D.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Another shoulder injury for Moritz Seider...will miss again at least 5 Weeks

Moritz Seider der Adler Mannheim fällt erneut aus | Adler Mannheim</font>

Google translator:

The 17-year-old youngster injured on January 10 in the home game against the Eisbären Berlin again on the shoulder. This results in further medical examinations, after no improvement had occurred in the previous days.

For Seider it is the second injury-related loss in the season. Because of a shoulder injury, the exceptional talent had to pause already mid-November to early December, but Seider returned to the ice in time for the 2019 IIHF U20 Ice Hockey World Championship Division I and led the U20 national team as captain for promotion. In the season so far the defender has been deployed in 25 DEL games, scoring a goal and three assists.

Eventually going to have to get cut on, which might hurt his ranking, but he can rehab it and try and be ready for U18 to send it higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad