RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
23? Unlikely.
Where do you think he goes? I was just wondering because I saw TSN had him at 21 and McKeen had him at 26 (found those on eliteprospects). I think he would be a good addition for Tampa. We need a RHD to play with Hedman eventually, and Foote may get his shot at it next year.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Where do you think he goes? I was just wondering because I saw TSN had him at 21 and McKeen had him at 26 (found those on eliteprospects). I think he would be a good addition for Tampa. We need a RHD to play with Hedman eventually, and Foote may get his shot at it next year.

I'd say he goes between 13-17. He may be a guy who rises if a team has really scouted him, on the other hand, he may also fall to tampa due to underscouting because of the league he plays in.

Reactions: Bruhin

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'd say he goes between 13-17. He may be a guy who rises if a team has really scouted him, on the other hand, he may also fall to tampa due to underscouting because of the league he plays in.
A team like the Kings might move up to snatch him if he falls into the late teens

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Team needs are a factor too, Seider is ultimately just one out of many comparable options that can and will be assessed differently by different teams. I expect him to go first round, but how high depends on how many teams are looking for versatile D. Being available around 23rd is possible.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Which league do people think would be best for him development wise next season? Does he stick in the DEL? seems like he gets decent minutes. Possibly the CHL? which would give him more opportunities to refine his offensive game. I guess he'd also be eligible for the AHL, physically he might be ready for that but would he get enough minutes and the right development opportunities?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I would say it would be by far the wisest decision for him to stay in DEL for 2 more years. Good league, money, minutes, familiar environment, good team. Why should he leave.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I would say it would be by far the wisest decision for him to stay in DEL for 2 more years. Good league, money, minutes, familiar environment, good team. Why should he leave.

If I drafted him I'd prefer he moves to the SHL.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I’d think this would be a good track:

19-20 DEL
20-21 AHL
21-22 NYR Top 4

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If I drafted him I'd prefer he moves to the SHL.
Why? The leagues are not that different, it's not like he is dominating the DEL and it would mean moving to a foreign country for no real big reason. And why SHL? Might as well send him to the AHL then.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.

Underscouting isn't a thing anymore (in pro leagues, anyway). Germany is easy to reach from other European countries and NHL teams have large, professional staffs. So while most scouts are based in Sweden, Finland, and Russia, it's easy for them to take a trip over to watch Seider. Mannheim had at least four or five scouts at every game all season, and I'm sure the number is higher in the playoffs. It's not like Seider is a potential seventh-rounder – his name has been out there all season long, and teams have made an effort to come out and see him.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Underscouting isn't a thing anymore (in pro leagues, anyway). Germany is easy to reach from other European countries and NHL teams have large, professional staffs. So while most scouts are based in Sweden, Finland, and Russia, it's easy for them to take a trip over to watch Seider. Mannheim had at least four or five scouts at every game all season, and I'm sure the number is higher in the playoffs. It's not like Seider is a potential seventh-rounder – his name has been out there all season long, and teams have made an effort to come out and see him.

Hah. Underscouting by good scouts, then.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Seider had a pretty good showing in game 4 of the DEL finals.
He only played 11:43 minutes, but picked up two assists and played another solid all around game.

Reactions: Tryamkin

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Playing tonight in the second pairing against USA in the last exhibition game before World Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->