RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think that will be one of the reasons in the future it will be moved to somewhere bigger

You think?
I think the Wings love Traverse City and the summer resort feel to the tournament and camp.
Selfishly, I'd kind of like it to be at Plymouth or something. But I think they'll ruin something special if they do that.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
You seem to really dislike the Wings and I’m not sure why.

I only seem that way to fans with unrealistic expectations.
With fans who come on these boards to argue their own team's superiority against other teams.

I like Seider.
I can see him playing first pair next to Cholowski one day, even if I don't think much of his offense.
At best, I see him as a 23-minute a night guy who plays big 5 on 5 minutes and the PK.
I don't see him as a PP QB.

And for some Wings fans, that means I'm negative.

I looked into Seider BEFORE the draft. I didn't suddenly change my mind on him because we drafted him.
I'll change my mind if Seider changes my mind. But he's got to show it.

And since the draft I've watched 2 3-on-3 games, a 5-on-5 scrimmage and 2 prospect games.
He's not changed my mind.
He doesn't have those fine puck skills that PP QBs have.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I only seem that way to fans with unrealistic expectations.
With fans who come on these boards to argue their own team's superiority against other teams.

I like Seider.
I can see him playing first pair next to Cholowski one day, even if I don't think much of his offense.
At best, I see him as a 23-minute a night guy who plays big 5 on 5 minutes and the PK.
I don't see him as a PP QB.

And for some Wings fans, that means I'm negative.

I looked into Seider BEFORE the draft. I didn't suddenly change my mind on him because we drafted him.
I'll change my mind if Seider changes my mind. But he's got to show it.

And since the draft I've watched 2 3-on-3 games, a 5-on-5 scrimmage and 2 prospect games.
He's not changed my mind.
He doesn't have those fine puck skills that PP QBs have.

In your previous post you said he COULD be a 2nd pairing D someday so you just described a very different player.

I agree he won’t ever be a great PP QB. Either is Parayko and I’d be more than happy if that’s what he became

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
In your previous post you said he COULD be a 2nd pairing D someday so you just described a very different player.

I agree he won’t ever be a great PP QB. Either is Parayko and I’d be more than happy if that’s what he became

Yeah, he's in that Parayko mold. Will he be that good? We'll see.
But I think he's already better than Madison Bowey - though I can't say that for certain- and even if he is, he might be better suited developing at a lower level.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
But I think he's already better than Madison Bowey - though I can't say that for certain- and even if he is, he might be better suited developing at a lower level.

He definitely shouldn’t be in the NHL this season, I agree there

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't see the Parayko comparison. Parayko has huge slapshot. Seider won't.

Seider is very good at passing and skating. Could definitely be better player on those areas than Parayko in his prime.

Seider definitely is a special defenceman we haven't seen our system since 2013.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Seider is very good at passing and skating. Could definitely be better player on those areas than Parayko in his prime.

Seider definitely is a special defenceman we haven't seen our system since 2013.

Yeah, maybe.
I also think there's a chance that he's not as good as Kronwall was.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Why did you completely breeze over the part of the post where @nbwingsfan called you ot for saying earlier that he COULD be a second pairing dman some day? Can you see him playing first pairing next to Cholowski some day or do you think he COULD maybe be a second pairing guy?

Because its two completely different evaluations on the player. One where you actually are negative, and one where you completely change your narrative to sound like youre not negative. Acting like youre only called negative by posters with unrealistic expectations yet you cant even keep your story straight lol...

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why did you completely breeze over the part of the post where @nbwingsfan called you ot for saying earlier that he COULD be a second pairing dman some day? Can you see him playing first pairing next to Cholowski some day or do you think he COULD maybe be a second pairing guy?

Because its two completely different evaluations on the player. One where you actually are negative, and one where you completely change your narrative to sound like youre not negative. Acting like youre only called negative by posters with unrealistic expectations yet you cant even keep your story straight lol...

My story is straight.
I see his upside as a two-way big-minute defenseman who plays the PK.
I don't see him as an offensive defenseman or PP defenseman.

That's what I thought pre-draft, when I didn't want him at 6 overall.
That's what I think today, after watching him in 5 appearances vs prospects.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
My story is straight.
I see his upside as a two-way big-minute defenseman who plays the PK.
I don't see him as an offensive defenseman or PP defenseman.

That's what I thought pre-draft, when I didn't want him at 6 overall.
That's what I think today, after watching him in 5 appearances vs prospects.

@newfy Notice how he didn't make a single mention of first or second pairing when confronted. :laugh:

Reactions: newfy

rawraw

Jan 19, 2019
This is a classic case of the team didn't pick the prospect the poster wanted (Cozens/Zegras) so now he has to shit on that player with inaccurate stats and analysis all over the place.
The poster even listed him at 6'6...
I'm not even sure he knows who he is talking about.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
This is a classic case of the team didn't pick the prospect the poster wanted (Cozens/Zegras) so now he has to **** on that player with inaccurate stats and analysis all over the place.
The poster even listed him at 6'6...
I'm not even sure he knows who he is talking about.

Maybe he is confusing his Rasmussen hate with his Seider hate?

J15

Mar 18, 2009

I don't really see the contradiction. To say that he has 1st pair potential but could also maybe be a solid second pairing guy is not a negative evaluation. If you read VelenoLikeAFeleno's original post it really doesn't sound like he was claiming Seider had 2nd pairing ceiling. Not to mention that "solid second pairing guy" is probably how most scouts have projected him this year.

Reactions: Ippenator

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

Man special really is thrown around quite loosely around here. Hughes, McDavid, Dahlin, Matthews are special prospects. Seider, who likely becomes a 3/4 defenseman, is much closer to the type of prospect we see several times every draft class than special.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man special really is thrown around quite loosely around here. Hughes, McDavid, Dahlin, Matthews are special prospects. Seider, who likely becomes a 3/4 defenseman, is much closer to the type of prospect we see several times every draft class than special.

Yes, we know. You don't like Detroit or their prospects. Moving right along...

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Seider is going to make a lot of people eat crow. The kid is just scratching the surface, and he's blessed with great size, reach and skating ability. He will end up better than Parayko offensively. In fact, when he rounds out his game, he's going to be an Ekman-Larsson close.

ThePuckStopsHere

Aug 9, 2019
Wings fan here.... If he becomes the defense first side of the first pairing, I couldn’t expect any more than that. I don’t see him becoming a PP QB either. Maybe Hronek can become that, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad