RD Martin Hugo Has - Tappara, FIN Jrs (2019, 153rd, WSH)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=363485

6'4" right handed defenseman with 5+4 in 18 games in total, 5+3 in the last 9 games. Also got one game in the CHL with Tappara.

I am making this thread with hope some Finnish user can enlighten me what kind of player is he. He seems intriguing with the offense picking up in the 6'4" frame. I would like to know what to expect from him at the U17 Challenge.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Those are really good numbers for a defenseman in that league. Good for him.
That size plus him being right handed makes him all the more intriguing!

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Anyone got an update on this kid? One of the more intriguing Euros in the 2019 draft.
He is the only 01 born Czech to get nominated to a Summer U20 camp. Really liked him at the U18 WJC. His role grew game to game. If I recall correctly, he started the tournament as a 7th D and ended on the top pair with PP minutes, where he looked very good. If he works on his skating I could definitely see him go high in the draft.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Does anyone know if this kid is staying in Finland for the 2018/19 season or will he opt for the CHL route?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Very intrigued by this kid. I hope there are some defenseman who rise next year, seems like the top 10 is primarily looking like forwards at the moment.

Reactions: NickH8

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Does anyone know if this kid is staying in Finland for the 2018/19 season or will he opt for the CHL route?
In an 8 months old interview he said he aims to get to Liiga in his draft year. I would be very surprised if he goes the CHL route.

Reactions: Uncle and belair

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
North Bay Battalion waiting waiting waiting....development is the issue for Washington..looks like he is staying..on Tampere roster

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
He's gotten a chance in Tappara's men's team because of suspensions and injuries. His first two Liiga games this weekend. Today scored 1+1, +2 and was named the man of the match. I think there's a lot to be excited about in Hugo's game. Still very raw, but clearly high iq with both sides of the puck, moves already quite well considering young age+large frame. Hard shot, crisp passes. Imo he is Tappara's number 7 or 8 when everyone's healthy and allowed to play. Next season's gonna be his breakout season.

Assist: Tappara tekee maalin

Goal: Tappara tekee maalin

Has number 14.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad