RD Lassi Thomson (2019, 19th, OTT; claimed by ANA; claimed by OTT)

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It is never a bad decision for a defenseman to play for Kelowna. They’ve produced a great amount of quality NHL defensemen.
Could you maybe list a few of the best that came from there in your opinion? I have this recollection generally too, but can’t point out any specific player at the moment.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Could you maybe list a few of the best that came from there in your opinion? I have this recollection generally too, but can’t point out any specific player at the moment.

Webber, Souray, Keith, Edler, Myers, Barrie, Hannon, Schenn, Gorges, Severson, maybe Bowey, Johansen and Foote. They seem to produce a quality NHL defencemen every few years. Kind of their bread and butter.

Last edited:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Callan Foote 2017 and Nolan Foote next summer ( 2019).
Well, those are not proven NHL players yet. What I meant was exactly a list of the proven NHL players from the past. But Daximus did already provide an impressive list that I was looking for. Keith being the absolute crown jewel out of all the names. Thanks for the list @Daximus! :)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Well, those are not proven NHL players yet. What I meant was exactly a list of the proven NHL players from the past. But Daximus did already provide an impressive list that I was looking for. Keith being the absolute crown jewel out of all the names. Thanks for the list @Daximus! :)

No problem. Im a Rockets fan so it was easy, I probably missed someone though.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What kind of Finnish last name is Thomson, surely it can't be common?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

I was at the game last night. That was a really nice goal he scored. Definitely a good offensive d-man. Has a bit of work to do in his own end, but then again the entire team does. I have no idea how we were awarded the Memorial Cup for next year. There is going to be some moves made for sure.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I was at the game last night. That was a really nice goal he scored. Definitely a good offensive d-man. Has a bit of work to do in his own end, but then again the entire team does. I have no idea how we were awarded the Memorial Cup for next year. There is going to be some moves made for sure.
How would you compare Thomson to Korczak stylistically? And who do you like more?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
How would you compare Thomson to Korczak stylistically? And who do you like more?
I don’t go to many games. 1 last year and 1 so far this year. I loved Korczak last year. He seemed willing to wheel with the puck and moved it well. This year he seemed to be playing it a bit safer vs Seattle. Not really looking to skate it out, more looking for the breakout pass.
Thomson was definitely more of the free wheeler last night. The team is a little weak this year and they have trouble getting it out of their zone. Thomson was skating it out when he got the chance to and did it well. Has some work to do in his own end but I believe he was playing with Brayden Chizen and it’s hard to be good in your own zone with him as a d partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->