RD Kris Letang (2005, 62nd overall, Pittsburgh)

Canuck71*

Letang?

Will Kris Letang be playing with the Penguins this season? I've heard he will but has this been confirmed?. Sorry if this has been answered somewere else.

rompo

Dec 28, 2006
Letang + Whitney = true love... too bad Gonchar and Sydor have to take up their time...

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Shero keeps talking about Letang as already being part of the lineup...... to the extent that he was musing on whether Eaton or Sydor would be used as his D partner.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Nasreddine and Scuderi will probably both get time in the 6th spot, which is disturbing in that it's just too terribly similar to last season for me to stomach.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
so does that mean he is officially dropped from being a top prospect for pit alla montoya:sarcasm:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
About where he should be. In the AHL putting on some muscle and getting experience. Just because the team has Crosby doesn't mean its time to rush all of their young players. They have the ability to develop them without the rush. I still think the guy has significant upside.

But where's the Penguins hype machine on these boards going into overkill to quiet this post down? Last I heard he was going to QB the PP right away and be a top defenseman from the get go. Not to mention that he was an easy dark horse for the calder.

Guess that ship might be sailing.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
About where he should be. In the AHL putting on some muscle and getting experience. Just because the team has Crosby doesn't mean its time to rush all of their young players. They have the ability to develop them without the rush. I still think the guy has significant upside.

But where's the Penguins hype machine on these boards going into overkill to quiet this post down? Last I heard he was going to QB the PP right away and be a top defenseman from the get go. Not to mention that he was an easy dark horse for the calder.

Guess that ship might be sailing.

I agree, ever since the WJC he's been god's gift to HF for some strange reason

hnat trick

Jun 7, 2006
I'm betting he won't be in the AHL for long. Just trying to make him earn the job rather than just handing it to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad