RD Jozef Viliam Kmec - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2022 Draft)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Kmec has really impressed me in the first 2 HGC games but also for the u18 project. He is a big and strong physical defenseman who is a right shot. Good skater and has a little offensive touch. Not afraid to get into the physical play along the boards and can break the puck out really well.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I think the U18 project really helped him last season. He has improved there in almost every activity and progress has already been seen at HGC. Before playing in a U18 project, I would never say that he would have a chance at a draft, today, if he continues to work on himself, he has a real chance.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
0+2 again. Also the first star of the game. Up to 4 pts in 4 games. He could rapidly rise on draft lists, like Braeden Schneider did last year. He’s being used in all situations, powerplay, penalty kill.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Got to see him play in person tonight, the guy is smooth

This is often the case in hockey, especially among young people. For the overwhelming majority, they are sympathetic and approachable teens who have purpose in life, who are dynamic and who do not think of themselves as stars above the rest of humanity. I find these qualities less often among the rest of the youth.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
You have a scouting report on him? NHL comparable?
I’m not sure but he has improved a lot in every aspect, skating with the puck especially. He commands the ice much better than he did few months ago and last year. I think he could be a guy who scouts like a lot because even if he doesn’t pan out offensively, he has got tools to be a rotation NHL player. There’s WHL defenseman who are ranked in the top 100 who he’s outplayed. But right now I’m totally unsure of how scouts may view his position in the draft. WJC should help him a lot

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad