RD Joey Keane - London Knights, OHL (2018, 88th, NYR)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Beautiful skater and looked good in preseason, I’m excited for him. I had him in the 60s and was pretty happy with the pick

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I was going in wanting to watch Ryan Suzuki on the Colts, but holy smokes this guy impressed me more than anybody on the pitch. He's so freakin' smooth with the puck, carries a decent amount of IQ, and can rough it up as well. Reminds me a ton of a John-Michael Liles with a mean streak. Really nice find by the Rangers here, I see all the tools you want that will make the NHL someday IMHO.

E: Also I love this shot for his size - complete bullet -, but needs to work on the accuracy a bit more.

Last edited:

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Thanks for the scouting report. He showed a lot of talent in his time in preseason and had a hot start in the OHL, but i havent heard anything since. Glad to hear he's kept it up

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
his younger bro is on the way as well...already making a mark in the OHL...
Gerard has been very impressive as a rookie. Similar kind of player. Has been one of the best 16 year old defenders that I've seen this year.

Joey Keane was traded to London today, so the Keane brothers are now teammates. They played in the same lineup today. He had an assist in his first game for London.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
Will Keane be able to make the jump up to the AHL next year or will he return to London for his final season of junior?

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Anybody have a chance to watch this kid in junior?. I am a little surprised he's off to such a good offensive start as a rookie in the AHL. I read a couple of threads where fans of other teams stated they liked him a lot as a prospect. Any feedback is appreciated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't want to add more work for the moderators by merging additional posts into this thread, but I'l respond now.

I've watched a few of the Hartford games. I would say that Keane looks good, but not as good as the 5 points in 6 games might suggest. I think two years in the AHL, and then he'll be NHL ready. He probably will reach the NHL. I think he's shown enough positive at this point to say that, but he's probably not a consideration for this year and likely not the beginning of next season either. We have so many similar caliber and similar age defense prospects that some of them are going to get a chance and others aren't. Whether Keane is one of them that does is hard to figure out at this point, but he probably will be good enough to play in the NHL in a year or two, so maybe he's traded at some point, if he doesn't get a shot with the Rangers.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I didn't want to add more work for the moderators by merging additional posts into this thread, but I'l respond now.

I've watched a few of the Hartford games. I would say that Keane looks good, but not as good as the 5 points in 6 games might suggest. I think two years in the AHL, and then he'll be NHL ready. He probably will reach the NHL. I think he's shown enough positive at this point to say that, but he's probably not a consideration for this year and likely not the beginning of next season either. We have so many similar caliber and similar age defense prospects that some of them are going to get a chance and others aren't. Whether Keane is one of them that does is hard to figure out at this point, but he probably will be good enough to play in the NHL in a year or two, so maybe he's traded at some point, if he doesn't get a shot with the Rangers.
In response to the first part of your post, merging is quite easy, the threads posts are just combined and sorted by date so no need to worry about that in the future!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad