RD Jett Woo (2018, 37th, VAN)

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
played a few Games for Moose Jaw this season and i thought he was impressive for a 15 Year old. 4th overall in 2015 Whl bantam Draft. in My opinion he could definitely Be a 1st Round prospect for 2018

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is top 5, if not best of all time names. Could easily be a kung-fu star trying to challenge for Jet Li's spot.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Be great if he makes it, they can play this whenever he scores

Last edited:

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
played a few Games for Moose Jaw this season and i thought he was impressive for a 15 Year old. 4th overall in 2015 Whl bantam Draft. in My opinion he could definitely Be a 1st Round prospect for 2018

Now to actually contribute to the thread...

I didn't get to see him in the WHL yet but I did see him in his bantam draft year, a bit this year and at the U16 Challenge. He has excellent physical tools and is a leader on the ice but my issue with him is consistency. On one shift he'll look like and excellent, quick skater leading the rush up the ice but then on the next shift he'll look the worst skater in the game. I'm not sure if it's laziness or what but I've noticed it almost every time I watch him. I've talked to other scouts and they see the same thing.

Also I find his offensive game to be hit or miss as he will be a force in the offensive zone one game and then contribute absolutely nothing the next game. But every time I've watched him he has been a rock in the defensive zone.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
His Dad, Larry Woo, was in the movie Goon.

He was quite impressive in the Wheat Kings/Warriors playoff series.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
His Dad, Larry Woo, was in the movie Goon.

He was quite impressive in the Wheat Kings/Warriors playoff series.

Played in the dub for a bit too.

Kim-goon-31105226-200-200.jpg

I'm a fan of Jett. Liked what I saw from back in the CWG. Hard not to like his name too.

thething

Jul 28, 2014
Now to actually contribute to the thread...

I didn't get to see him in the WHL yet but I did see him in his bantam draft year, a bit this year and at the U16 Challenge. He has excellent physical tools and is a leader on the ice but my issue with him is consistency. On one shift he'll look like and excellent, quick skater leading the rush up the ice but then on the next shift he'll look the worst skater in the game. I'm not sure if it's laziness or what but I've noticed it almost every time I watch him. I've talked to other scouts and they see the same thing.

Also I find his offensive game to be hit or miss as he will be a force in the offensive zone one game and then contribute absolutely nothing the next game. But every time I've watched him he has been a rock in the defensive zone.

This is what I've seen from Woo as well. Because of his inconsistency with his skating from shift to shift it's hard to read whether it's something he needs to work on.

Like others have mentioned, he was excellent during the CWG. I thought he was the best player for team Manitoba as an underager . In the bronze medal game against team Quebec he impressed me more than Veleno did.

He kinda reminds me of Dumba, not tall (although Woo still has time to grow) but has a large frame and plays a real physical game. He's less dynamic than Dumba at the same age but he's much better defensively and has shown better hockey iq (ie. realizing that sometimes less is more).

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jett's father Larry Woo is a highly respected hockey coach in Winnipeg. He ran a few camps I took back in the early 2000's and I remember being impressed every time. I'm not suprised his son is excelling.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
edit: whoops he already had a thread

Well he's having a great rookie season.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For a 16 year old he has looked pretty good for team Canada so far at the U18's. 4 GP 1 G 1 A and plays a pretty balanced game.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
game against finland i saw he was on and off;more on than off but man he can shoot the puck

probably my favorite defenseman now over macisaac (and i lean to Q prospects)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad