RD Jeremy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015, 31st, SJS)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Roy had a great game today. The way he plays reminds me like Drew Doughty, not always flashy but can complete a pass from anywhere on the ice. Knows when to jump into the rush and rush the puck up the ice and especially the patience. For example, opposing team dumped the puck to Roy's side, he gets possession, spins the hit, another forechecker attacks and he flips it around the net. He's known as an offensive defenceman but nobody think he has just average defence, he can skate the puck out of his zone against an earthquake.

He really has all the tools, not overly physical but can cut players off. Top 10 talent atleast IMO.

BoDacious Horvat

Sep 1, 2013
Vancouver
Roy had a great game today. The way he plays reminds me like Drew Doughty, not always flashy but can complete a pass from anywhere on the ice. Knows when to jump into the rush and rush the puck up the ice and especially the patience. For example, opposing team dumped the puck to Roy's side, he gets possession, spins the hit, another forechecker attacks and he flips it around the net. He's known as an offensive defenceman but nobody think he has just average defence, he can skate the puck out of his zone against an earthquake.

He really has all the tools, not overly physical but can cut players off. Top 10 talent atleast IMO.

I know you say he has top 10 talent, but do you see him going top ten in the draft? Or the strength of this draft pushing him down to the 20s area?

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I know you say he has top 10 talent, but do you see him going top ten in the draft? Or the strength of this draft pushing him down to the 20s area?
I think he'll get into the top 10. McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Marner, Strome, Barzal, Konecny, Kylington, Zacha, Roy will all be in the top 10 IMO.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Living in Montreal, I've been only able to see the "Q" prospects thus far, and J. Roy is by far my favourite prospect. To see him listed in various lists in the teens to twenties range for this draft just goes to show the depth and quality of this year's crop.

He reminds me so much of Ray Bourque in his style of play. His vision, smarts and skills are just off the charts! It's true that he isn't the most physical player, but like Bourque, he'll put you on your butt if the opportunity arises. I haven't been this stoked about a QMJHL D prospect in a long time.

Now, it's time for the Sports Networks to start showing games from the other leagues so I can see the other great prospects for the 2015 draft.

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Saw him play yesterday as well.

He does everything right on both sides of the puck. Impressive to say the least.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I like him better than Kylington at this point and have him making it inside my top 10 (Kylington makes it too), need more viewings of both though before I can say anything for sure.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Would Eric Desjardins be a decent comparable for Roy? Or does he play more of an all offence game like a Karlsson or Letang?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Would Eric Desjardins be a decent comparable for Roy? Or does he play more of an all offence game like a Karlsson or Letang?

I think it's a good comparison. In today's game my comparison would be Duncan Keith. Roy is very mobile. He can take the puck out of the zone on any occasion. That said, he's not a high-risk vs. high reward like Karlsson. Most of the time he'll settle for the safe play to get the puck in the opposing zone.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
How come he was like -3 in one of his last games even with an assist?

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
He was -1 with 3 assist vs Rim and +2 with 1 goal vs Bathurst this past weekend. In my opinion he is the real deal.

My mistake i was going from memory. So he was on for 4 goals against in the Rmouski game. Had a bad game, no one is perfect.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
How come he was like -3 in one of his last games even with an assist?

Assuming you mean this game, a quick glance reveals that he had two of his assists at 5x4 and one at 5x5. His two GA were a shorty and an empty net. In other words, his 5x5 goal differential was +1 and on special teams he was even. Obviously the box score doesn't tell us how responsible he was for the goals against but it's important to have context for GA.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
he's looking good. I hope he gets strong consideration for the junior team this Christmas, as a RH D-man, I'd take him over McKeown at the moment.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Anyone else have him ranked in their top 5, even in an insanely top-heavy draft like this?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
May not be the biggest guy around but he can dish some solid hits in the neutral zone. Phantom call for check to the head but still a solid hit again today to wake up his team after trailing 2-0 early in the game.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Jeez, Sherbrooke look like a top team in the QMJHL, I know it was a 5 on 3 but they seemed like a whole bunch of stars. J.Roy with crazy moves, he should be top 10, always impressed when I watch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->