RD Jack Sparkes - St. Michael's Buzzers, OJHL (2022, 180th, LAK)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Huge kid (listed at 6'8" 229 lbs) played in the OJHL this year and recently committed to Michigan State.

Pronman recently ranked him #69 in the ranking he just put out and Central Scouting has him ranked #127 among NA Skaters.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I came here to see if anyone had more info on him. Should’ve known @Frk It would’ve beat me to it.

I also am interested to know what others think. His offensive numbers are quite bad for an NHL prospect in that league at his age.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
October birthday, not the most mobile, doesn't have good offensive tendencys. But he's big and mean. Don't see him being anything more than a bottom pairing guy. Type of guy that gets drafted because he's big. When he was drafted into the OHL at 15 he was 6'5 and 170 soaking wet so he has done some growing since then

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he looks like a bottom pairing RHD with crazy size and a mean streak. teams love RHD, and the size and physical play gets him drafted without a doubt. i think he's at the combine too, which means teams were asking for him.

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
How does Sparkes compare to 3rd round pick Taige Harding of last season?

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
October birthday, not the most mobile, doesn't have good offensive tendencys. But he's big and mean. Don't see him being anything more than a bottom pairing guy. Type of guy that gets drafted because he's big. When he was drafted into the OHL at 15 he was 6'5 and 170 soaking wet so he has done some growing since then
By all accounts he had a great development camp and his skating is actually a big strength. He will be going to college so will have the opportunity to development at a nice pace. Obviously the odd are that he doesn’t make it big he’s definitely an interesting prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad