RD Henri Jokiharju (2017, 29th, CHI; traded to BUF)

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
To add to my previous post and to put things into perspective: only 1 Finnish dman was drafted in the first round (Joni Pitkänen) in the 2000s. Now we possibly have 5 first rounders in the same freaking team... that's incredible really. I doubt we will have a better dcore on paper in anytime soon.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Jokiharju 5th 2 point game in a row; 0+2,0+2,0+2,0+2,1+1...crazy good.

8 game point streak, 2+14=16
= 24-7+27=34

Only 1 point shy of 1st place in D scoring (Clague,BDN )

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Wow, he is on pace for 100 points.

Why is he not talked about more? Considering he is hawks prospect.

Edit: nvm checked hawks' subreddit and they are hyped about him.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Currently sits with a 1.16 points/game ratio. He has 17 more points in 15 less games compared to his last year totals.

5th in WHL defensemen scoring (65)
2nd in WHL assists among defensemen (57)
7th in WHL assists among all players (57)

Not enough talk, actually, there's been zero talk on him at all this season. Jokiharju is a '99, Mahura/Clague/Foote/Quenneville/Sissons are '98's and Joki is outproducing them/or not far behind them.

Being slept on.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He is probably going to be at least a top 4 dman for the hawks, possibly first pairing in the future.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Currently sits with a 1.16 points/game ratio. He has 17 more points in 15 less games compared to his last year totals.

5th in WHL defensemen scoring (65)
2nd in WHL assists among defensemen (57)
7th in WHL assists among all players (57)

Not enough talk, actually, there's been zero talk on him at all this season. Jokiharju is a '99, Mahura/Clague/Foote/Quenneville/Sissons are '98's and Joki is outproducing them/or not far behind them.

Being slept on.
Only Hawks fans are hyping him up atm. He'll get signed in the summer and be given a look a camp. Probably gets the 8 game trial and then sent down.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Only Hawks fans are hyping him up atm. He'll get signed in the summer and be given a look a camp. Probably gets the 8 game trial and then sent down.

Yeah, his numbers in the WHL next year should be ridiculous. I'd be expecting Clague-like production next season.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I've been very, very happy with his progress this season. He'll turn out to be a very decent #2 in a few years.

Ian Mitchell has also done really freaking well this year after being drafted by the Hawks in the 2nd round. Kinda weird considering we usually suck at drafting defensemen.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I've been very, very happy with his progress this season. He'll turn out to be a very decent #2 in a few years.

Ian Mitchell has also done really freaking well this year after being drafted by the Hawks in the 2nd round. Kinda weird considering we usually suck at drafting defensemen.
Yup, Mitchell is also a stud. Playing top pairing minutes as a freshman and producing like a champ.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Regular Season Final Rankings:

4th in WHL defensemen scoring (71)
2nd in WHL assists among defensemen (59)
8th in WHL assists among all players (59)
7th in WHL all-time single season points for U19 defensemen in last 10 years (71)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just stat-watching but looks like he had a great year. Anyone could go into more detail on his game and what he improved on this year and what aspects of his game still needs work?

One of my favorite prospects from last year and someone I was willing to reach for with the Oilers pick at #22, just love his game. Feels like the Hawks got a good one here.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I really hate to say it but i am not a fan of him. I usually always love the high point getting dmen but in the games ive seen, i thought he was a train wreck when not on the PP. Sure i only saw maybe 5 games this season so i know thats a small sample size but defensively i thought he struggled and also he was outmuscled alot. But on the PP he was awesome

By no means am i purposely coming in here and starting trouble, but this was my honest opinion in games i saw. IMO his teammate Dennis Cholowski is quite a bit more impressive of a prospect and just oozes pro potential.

I hope i just saw a handful of bad games and he is actually an unreal player!!

Does anyone know what his point total just on the PP was this season?

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Does anyone know what his point total just on the PP was this season?
6G 25A on the PP. Still ranks top 5 for WHL defenseman at 5v5 (7G + 27A), including the most primary assists. He had more even strength points this year than on-ice goals against, though obviously Portland is a good team.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Is he AHL eligible next year? If not, will the Hawks prefer him to go to Europe for a year?
No. Bowman has said that he intends on him getting a look at the NHL level next year, but he'd probably go back to Portland if he didn't stick.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Interesting move for sure. What does the defensive lineup look like with guys like Heiskanen added? Honka is already a very similar and more developed player, so Jokiharju will have competition.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Interesting move for sure. What does the defensive lineup look like with guys like Heiskanen added? Honka is already a very similar and more developed player, so Jokiharju will have competition.

I bet it will be something like this;

Kukkonen - Lepistö
Lajunen - Hietanen
Heiskanen - Jokiharju
Honka in the pressbox as is tradition...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad