RD Henri Jokiharju (2017, 29th, CHI; traded to BUF)

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
His father was listed 5'8" (173cm) and his older brother is now listed 5'10". Chances are he is not going to be above 6 feet.

But please, let's not turn this into an Eeli Tolvanen topic.

Luckily we also now have some dmen prospects with size also.

a girl: -"I only date guys above 6 feet tall" :shakehead

Henri Jokiharju: -"Well, I'm 5 feet 11,75 inches!" :naughty: :help:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Love the pick, he's in the same talent tier as the Finns who went before him.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Love it too. Saw the Winterhawks here in Seattle twice and he stood out. Solid both ways. I personally had him at #18.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
The prospect fan in me is disappointed but the Silvertip fan in me is relieved that the U.S. division will be less fierce this season. Wonder how long he'll be out for. That's a shame :(

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Doesn't sound too good.

https://www.independentsportsnews.c...rward-gets-nhl-deal-chiefs-to-change-benches/

Knee. Four weeks until skating, probably there for the season start.

On Saturday night, Mike Johnston, the Winterhawks’ general manager and head coach, told Taking Note that “we heard four weeks until skating so should be fine.â€

The Winterhawks open training camp on Aug. 24, which is slightly more than two weeks away, so it seems unlikely that Jokiharju will be participating, at least in the beginning.

The Blackhawks open camp on Sept. 16, so perhaps he’ll be there, if only for the team’s medical staff to give him a going over.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
This thread must continue!

Jokiharju's stats this season seem really impressive! Seems to be the best defenceman in the team this season.

Has anyone seen him playing? How has he looked?

Reactions: Ippenator

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kinda strange how little has Jokiharju gotten attention this season.
(last 8 games: 1+14=15 +13)

Leads all D-men +/- +31
Leads all D-men PP assists 12
Is second in D-men points 6+24=30
Is second in D-men assists 24
Is second in D-men ppg avg 1.36
Is fourth in D-men sog 73

Jokiharju is Blackhawks 2017 1st round pick (29th overall)

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Kinda strange how little has Jokiharju gotten attention this season.
(last 8 games: 1+14=15 +13)

Leads all D-men +/- +31
Leads all D-men PP assists 12
Is second in D-men points 6+24=30
Is second in D-men assists 24
Is second in D-men ppg avg 1.36
Is fourth in D-men sog 73

Jokiharju is Blackhawks 2017 1st round pick (29th overall)

Looks to be doing good and even bigger plus is that this guy doesn't seem to be a attention whore.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Finland's dcore for the upcoming WJC is just insane, for our country it's the best ever on paper without a doubt. Unheard of that we have this kind of a player available, but is not guaranteed to be playing top 4 minutes (Heiskanen, Välimäki, Juolevi and possibly Vaakanainen ahead of him).

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Finland's dcore for the upcoming WJC is just insane, for our country it's the best ever on paper without a doubt. Unheard of that we have this kind of a player available, but is not guaranteed to be playing top 4 minutes (Heiskanen, Välimäki, Juolevi and possibly Vaakanainen ahead of him).
I agree with you definitely. But the talent I see in Jokiharju is that special that I wouldn’t be really surprised if he would pan out as the second best defenceman of this Finnish group in his prime. I can’t see a possibility that Heiskanen wouldn’t be the best of them, but Jokiharju could really be the the closest to Heiskanen’s class in their primes.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I agree with you definitely. But the talent I see in Jokiharju is that special that I wouldn’t be really surprised if he would pan out as the second best defenceman of this group in his prime. I can’t see a possibility that Heiskanen wouldn’t be the best of them, but Jokiharju could really be the the closest to Heiskanen’s class in their primes.
You've seen Jokiharju play plenty i bet. How is he defensively?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
You've seen Jokiharju play plenty i bet. How is he defensively?
I have seen him play in about 20 games during the last 1,5 years, and dare to say on the basis of that, that he is in fact not very far defensively from Heiskanen. Not as good, but there are similarities. He has a good stick, reads plays well and has very good skating too.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Agreed. He may have to drive the play on the third defensive pair with Heiskanen, Välimäki, Juolevi beating him on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->