RD Filip Johansson - Leksand, SWE JRs (2018, 24th, MIN, signed by VAN)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Not the most eye popping stats but when watching him you can see he has some real offensive upside.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Played well at the Hlinka. His defensive game looks much improved, which is nice to see. Thought of him as a Justin Schultz type player earlier, but seems to be projecting more as a two-way guy now.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Central scouting gave him an "A" grade. Found that surprising considering I haven't seen him in the first round anywhere else.

Me personally dosen't se him as an A prospect, more like an B for the 2/3rd round. Still se him ahead of other Swedish D's like Adam Ginning, Rasmus Sandin and Axel Andersson tho.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Me personally dosen't se him as an A prospect, more like an B for the 2/3rd round. Still se him ahead of other Swedish D's like Adam Ginning, Rasmus Sandin and Axel Andersson tho.

Agree, all of them strike me as solid 2nd-3rd round players.

Reactions: rickardr

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just scored a goal against Skellefteå too. Hope he can start producing more now. Pretty weak start production wise in superelit so far.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Didn't realize Johansson's stats looked THAT bad this season. With his skillset he should be able to be a productive J20 defenseman. He's looked pretty good in international tournaments though.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Didn't realize Johansson's stats looked THAT bad this season. With his skillset he should be able to be a productive J20 defenseman. He's looked pretty good in international tournaments though.

It's crazy. How can that happen for a guy this good? Most good defenders who are not just big stay at home guys score points in the junior league.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Surprised to not see this guy rise in any rankings after his fantastic play in the Allsvenskan promotion series. Same type of progression as Hampus Lindholm had in his draft year, similar player too.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Are there give-backs on prospects?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Johansson but not at 24..I actually wanted him with the 48th overall NYR used to have. Solid defensively, untapped potential offensively. I can’t see more than a 4D though and this picked confused me a lot. Thought for sure Wild were taking Bokk

Reactions: Digitalbooya

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Can someone talk us Wild fans off a cliff after this one?

I really liked him at the U18s, for whatever that's worth. He seems like a guy who needs to add a lot of strength and could massively benefit from it. Far too easy to push around physically. But he's got a decent frame to fill out, he moves really well, positionally he's really good and he makes a good first pass, and has some PP upside when given the opportunity too.

I liked him as an earlier 2nd round guy, but he's got a lot of upside if he gets stronger and adapts to the NA game well. Surprised me that he went as high as he did, but he's got the upside to justify it and it really wasn't that crazy a reach. He's a little bit like Jacob Larsson imo. Quieter player who is just really effective.

Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I actually had him at 24 in my rankings... Thought he'd be selected a bit lower.

Also listed him as one of my biggest sleepers in the draft.

Johansson plays a mature two way game. An excellent skater both in terms of speed and mobility. He moves the puck efficiently and rarely makes a mistake. He owns good offensive tools, but the stats are underwhelming.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Pretty overwhelming negative first impression across the fanbase for this player.

Unless we plan on overhauling our defensive core in the next few years, selecting a quiet two-way defender doesn't meet our organizational needs in the slightest.

Extremely baffling pick considering Bokk and Veleno were still available. IMO, both would fill the team's needs in 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->