RD Filip Hronek (2016, 53rd, DET)

styleisle

Dec 17, 2010
Portland, OR
I know the game is still happening but has anyone gotten any visibility? Does he look okay out there so far. Really excited about him and hope he continues on the projection he's on!

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I know the game is still happening but has anyone gotten any visibility? Does he look okay out there so far. Really excited about him and hope he continues on the projection he's on!

Was a little shakey...otherwise not bad...I hope he plays all weekend

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Seems to be adjusting to the AHL fairly well this season. Started with no points in his first four games, but then put up 7 in his next 8.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Seems like he do very good in his first season in AHL, 17 points from 34 games with +12. It's good to see some Czech defenseman doing well, alongside with Mašín, Zbořil and Hájek.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
May finally have drafted a real top-4 defender.

But after all the past failures i'm still tentative though, but he sure looks good so far.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Nice shootout goal today

He also score normal goal in that game. Currently 13th in points among all AHL defensemen, 33 in 61.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Four point night for Hronek in the Griffins last game of the season.

This guy deserves to be talked about a little more. Fantastic rookie season for him in the AHL. Wings havent drafted a difference maker on defense in like 20 years.... im not holding my breath but this is our best d prospect since Kronwall. Hopefully we dont screw this one up.

I dont know that he'll ever be a stalwart on defense but at least he has actual offensive skill unlike all of the other plugs we've drafted over the years.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
For point night for Hronek in the Griffins last game of the season.

This guy deserves to be talked about a little more. Fantastic rookie season for him in the AHL. Wings havent drafted a difference maker on defense in like 20 years.... im not holding my breath but this is our best d prospect since Kronwall. Hopefully we dont screw this one up.

I dont know that he'll ever be a stalwart on defense but at least he has actual offensive skill unlike all of the other plugs we've drafted over the years.
Excited to see what he can do in training camp this fall.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Assuming nothing changes with the few games going on today, he'll finish 7th in scoring for dmen in the AHL as a rookie. Defensively not a stud but very good offensively. I think a half and half type season next year where he starts in the AHL and focuses on the defensive side with plenty of call ups to Detroit is what he should get. I think its gonna depend on Cholowski and Hicketts a bit as well but we will see. Holland will likely move at least one nhl dman this off season to make a bit more room for one of these guys

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Babula

May 31, 2012
he is probably best czech offensive d-prospect. but he has still many issues in his play...

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
He's been a lot better defensively than I thought he would be at this World Championships. Offensively, he's a very good passer and has a great shot, which shows especially on the power-play. Czech coaches used him for the entire 2 minutes on a 4-3 PP in the overtime against Switzerland. He's the best PP QB on the team by far (admittedly, the competition isn't particularly great). I suspect the coaches asked him to sacrifice some of his even strength offense in favor of a more solid defense. Of course, the real test will come tomorrow.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
he is probably best czech offensive d-prospect. but he has still many issues in his play...
His overall play has impressed me. He is not a trainwreck defensively by any means, just needs to get a bit stronger. His awareness and positioning are good. Offensively he has great potential.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I counted one slap shot from the blueline in there. Thats gotta be rare for a dman to have such a high percentage of their goals come from non-slapshots. 11 goals isnt a tiny number for a dman either, its ok, but if he develops that shot more he could be even better

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I counted 2 (plus the additional half ice one)
Edit: ahhh one was a bit closer than I thought.

Still I agree with the sentiment, a lot of those wristers were from the point. I really can't wait to watch him in preseason and hopefully all 82 games with the big club this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->