RD Eric Pohlkamp - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, USHL (2023, 132nd, SJS)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
18 points in 61 games this season. Minnesota kid committed to Bemidji State for next season.

My notes on what I saw of him this season.

Pohlkamp: Right-shot defenseman. Built like a bowling ball. Really physical for his size. Does well in puck battles. Not the best skating speed, but good edges for a defenseman. Good hands and can pass the puck. Real lack of points so far this season, although I don’t think his offensive upside is that bad. May be bad luck. Defensively, he’s not bad if he’s back defending. He tries to play too aggressively on the offensive end sometimes, which leads to a few too many odd-man rushes against for his team. Not the most effective player right now, but there’s some upside. Maybe a late round pick.

Last edited:

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
He has been good at World Junior A Challenge. 5+1 so far.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he’ll probably be a guy that gets picked his second time around. There was upside to justify picking him last year at the end of the draft, but teams were likely scared off his lack of production. This year he’s putting up a lot of offense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Off to Denver. Pios get a good one.

In theory they could have a blueline with Behrens, Buium, Buium, Pohlkamp and Jets pick Brown who barely played last year.

If Shai and/or Behrens sign - Pohlkamp slides right in. Plus that he is a right shot.
Don’t forget Pitner. He said he’s undecided if he plays next year at Denver or not. This might push him off a year or potentially causes him to go elsewhere if he’s intent to start next season.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad