RD Eemeli Räsänen - HPK Hämeenlinna, Liiga (2017, 59th, TOR)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Straight ahead speed, IMO, isn't an issue with Rasanen. His issues are more in terms of agility - side to side, pivoting from backward to forward, etc.

He's looked real good early on this season.
Agreed here, he doesnt look out of place in a race, but when he gets blown by or a puck gets passed across him, he looks a little helpless with his edges and side to side movement. Good pick up.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Straight ahead speed, IMO, isn't an issue with Rasanen. His issues are more in terms of agility - side to side, pivoting from backward to forward, etc.

He's looked real good early on this season.
ya agree with that, my viewings have been pretty limited but seems like hip flexibility/strength is more of an issue than speed either forwards or backwards. Hopefully it's just because he's so young and grew so much, something that should be pretty easy to target in his off ice training and skating development - just looks really stiff when transitioning when someone tries to go outside or when he tries to move laterally on his edges

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Might be more excited about this guy than Liljegren. His combination of immense size and offensive abilities are incredibly intriguing. Can't wait to see what he can do in the pros.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
just checking to see if anyone that watches him has an update? His box stats look good but that team has had some big goals for games

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
He’s looked pretty good in the games I’ve seen of him this season. Love his stick work in both zones

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Was first star of todays game with 3 assists.

Now has 21pts in 28 games and is a +12.

Reactions: LeafChief

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Was first star of todays game with 3 assists.

Now has 21pts in 28 games and is a +12.
Ooh I like that.
Massive shot, good offense instincts, massive size and a chip on his shoulder. If he even gets his skating/edges even to a passable NHL level he's going to be nasty.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Congratulations for making the group of 28 for Finland.
Make the 23, start in the top 6.
Have a great camp.

Thank You Phaneuf.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Definitely one of our more intriguing prospects. Long way to go, but he's trending in the right direction. 6'7 RHD who can move the puck reasonably well is a good project to have.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Always worry about wether guys his size can really make big improvements in their agility.

He could be great at everything else, if he doesn't have that, he's not an NHLer.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Always worry about wether guys his size can really make big improvements in their agility.

He could be great at everything else, if he doesn't have that, he's not an NHLer.

Eemeli Rasanen isn't first big-sized dman who lacks for skating.
Skating issues are fixable if Eemeli has motivation to work on.

I don't know much on Barbara Underhill but she is Olympic medalist ( if i'm not mistaken) in his sport genre so she really knows something about skating.
So it's better to Eemeli take a note and learn all what Barbara tries to taught him

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Congratulations for making the group of 28 for Finland.
Make the 23, start in the top 6.
Have a great camp.

Thank You Phaneuf.
Starting in the top 6 would require either a) a phenomenal camp or b) injury to one of Heiskanen, Juolevi, Välimäki, Vaakanainen, Jokiharju or Salo. I think b) is more likely.

Reactions: Ookhaab and 1OApick

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Starting in the top 6 would require either a) a phenomenal camp or b) injury to one of Heiskanen, Juolevi, Välimäki, Vaakanainen, Jokiharju or Salo. I think b) is more likely.
I think he could seriously surpass Salo. Salo has had a pretty bad season, and he is in fact not a very good skater either. Doesn’t have as great strengths either as Räsänen has, although probably a bit more even with his game and also a bit more experienced. Anyway, I think it could be close between these two. But those other mentioned defencemen Räsänen can surpass only if they get injured.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I think he could seriously surpass Salo. Salo has had a pretty bad season, and he is in fact not a very good skater either. Doesn’t have as great strengths either as Räsänen has, although probably a bit more even with his game and also a bit more experienced. Anyway, I think it could be close between these two. But those other mentioned defencemen Räsänen can surpass only if they get injured.
Rasanen also brings a style that no other Finnish D-man can. A 6'7" physically imposing shutdown D would be huge against the more physical Russians/Canadians whereas Salo brings much of the same that the other 6 defenders do.

He can also sub in on the PP with his shot.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I bet he beats out Valimaki and get more ice time #hottake
That would be great for him.

We have enough these 6.1-6.2 skilled defenders.. What's missing is a bigger version of Ristolainen (Who preferably is good at defense)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad