RD Brent Johnson - Ohio State, NCAA (2021, 80th, WSH)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good offensive upside from the back-end. Really good hands. Also a good playmaker and creative with moving the puck. Skates at an above-average level, and is about average defensively. I think he'll be picked this year. I would suggest it'll probably be in the late rounds, but I think he has pretty good untapped potential and could be a late-round steal. If a team took this guy 3rd-4th round, I wouldn't question it.

EP and USHL list him as left-handed, but unless I'm just remembering things incorrectly, I'm like 95% certain I remember him being a right-shot, so I think thats a typo.

Brent Johnson at eliteprospects.com

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
8+8 in 27GP as a rookie D so far for the Sampede.

Looks like he is an early commit for Arizona State Univ.

JoshTessler

Jun 18, 2020
Paul Zuk from my team at Smaht Scouting wrote this report on Brent. If you have any questions, hit him up on Twitter.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
This is a project i'd love my team to draft. Not many defenseman have that skating ability mixed with that kind of poise with the puck. He reminds me a ton of Ryan Johnson his draft year and as a potential long term ceiling a Samuel Girard type.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Absolute steal in the third round. It was looking like he may be a first rounder. He fell longer than I would've expected. One of my favorite players in the draft. I don't think the Caps have drafted that well in recent years, but this is a great pick.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
In first season at Ohio State after transferring from North Dakota. Through 13 games has scored career high four goals and tied career high in points for a season (6).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad