RD Braden Schneider - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2020, 19th, NYR)

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I searched for player for me to do on and after an hour of this with a poll, I chose this player
"mobile two-way defenceman … makes crisp outlet passes … quick feet for his size … good positioning to shut down rush … steady as they come" ISS Hockey, 2017
Braden Schneider definitely has the potential to be great, 12 points in 26 games played at just 16. He is 6'1", meaning he won't have to worry about scouts saying he is too small for the big leagues. Definitely a potential first round pick in 2020. He is a player barely missing the cutoff for 2019, since he was born on the 20th of september.
We can actually talk about him quite a bit right now since he is in the whl and not the midget league.
Let's discuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamkin

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Ok, Justin barron already has a page, and apparently mysak also has one. so i'm cutting them out.
[this post is from the time i was doing the poll]

Last edited:

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I'm making this page on braden schneider, someone else can make a thread on nick malik but I will throw my hat into the ring on schneider rn.
[this post is from the time i was doing the poll]

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yup i like him should be mid second rounder to me . saw him in Brandon a couple times very solid but lacks a little dynamic's to make it to first round for me , so far anyways

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
This guy is destined to be one of those extremely under the radar D that every team in the league wishes they had. A shutdown defenceman that can actually play! Surefire top 15 guy for me, neck and neck with Zary for top prospect out of the WHL.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This guy is destined to be one of those extremely under the radar D that every team in the league wishes they had. A shutdown defenceman that can actually play! Surefire top 15 guy for me, neck and neck with Zary for top prospect out of the WHL.
He is excellent. So composed. Drysdale is a different level of prospect but I think I’d actually be happier with Schneider making the WJC team this year.

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
He is excellent. So composed. Drysdale is a different level of prospect but I think I’d actually be happier with Schneider making the WJC team this year.
Yep, I think there's a big misconception around here that Schneider is some boring low upside player. Haven't seen a single person put him on their Canada roster projection but he has a great shot at making it.

Reactions: Dominance

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Yay I'm so glad this thread popped up for me!! I have only watched him in u18 this year. However, I was so impressed with his play. He seems like such a mature player for his age. I think he'd be a real steal for any team picking between 15 - 20. (Even tho 20-30 seems more likely)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Yep, I think there's a big misconception around here that Schneider is some boring low upside player. Haven't seen a single person put him on their Canada roster projection but he has a great shot at making it.
His production this season isn’t amazing, but when you actually watch him his passing and offensive skills are excellent. I’d expect the numbers to tick up as the year progresses just from a natural balance of all the rushes he starts, but either way, it’s not going to discourage any scouts come draft day.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Zary is my clear top WHLer this year but Schneider is starting to separate as the clear #2. Don't think he'll have a huge offensive output but could be a Vlasic/Hamonic mix. Probably somewhere in the 20-30 range and would love if the Avs got him as he'd be a great Erik Johnson replacement as I'm not a huge believer in Timmins or Helleson being able to fill that role.

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
His production this season isn’t amazing, but when you actually watch him his passing and offensive skills are excellent. I’d expect the numbers to tick up as the year progresses just from a natural balance of all the rushes he starts, but either way, it’s not going to discourage any scouts come draft day.
Yep, excellent breakout passer. I don't think this guy knows what colour the puck is, his head is always up.

Reactions: Dominance

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He’s the guy I really want the Canucks to have the chance to select

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Neither of the bigger RHD Dmen, Schneider and Barron sound like they would be big point producers in the NHL. Wouldn't top 40 points. Closer to the high 20's to low 30's. Drysdale is the offensive Dman, but he's sub 6 feet.

But, the 2 bigger guys can log big minutes for you. Just won't be on the 1st unit PP.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Neither of the bigger RHD Dmen, Schneider and Barron sound like they would be big point producers in the NHL. Wouldn't top 40 points. Closer to the high 20's to low 30's. Drysdale is the offensive Dman, but he's sub 6 feet.

But, the 2 bigger guys can log big minutes for you. Just won't be on the 1st unit PP.

I think that’s underrating Barron’s offense. He’s having a bad season, but I’d project his game in the pros as a good offensive player. I think his defense is more worthy of criticism than his offense.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

Agree with offensive potential for them. I have a Barron as a 3rd pairing NHL projection and his lack of offensive game is what is making him drop on a lot of scout's lists. I'd be shocked if either ended up as a 1st unit PP guy in the NHL. Schneider surprises with some good offensive plays but still don't see him as a big PP guy. Watched him tonight in Oakville and thought he had a few rough shifts.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He was really good tonight in Saskatoon. Had a nice goal jumping up into the play and picked up a assist on a good passing sequence on the PP. Completed showing his game by standing up for his goalie after Patera kinda got run. He'll never be a flashy player but he's just so effective shutting down the attacking forwards and moving the puck up ice. With the game becoming more offensive and soft players like him will be ever more coveted going ahead imo

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He was really good tonight in Saskatoon. Had a nice goal jumping up into the play and picked up a assist on a good passing sequence on the PP. Completed showing his game by standing up for his goalie after Patera kinda got run. He'll never be a flashy player but he's just so effective shutting down the attacking forwards and moving the puck up ice. With the game becoming more offensive and soft players like him will be ever more coveted going ahead imo
Is Brandon Carlo a good comparison for him? I think he'd be a great pick for a team like Toronto.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad