RD Anttoni Honka - JYP Jyväskylä, Liiga (2019, 83rd, CAR)

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
A healthy scratch tonight and deservedly so. Our whole defence has been putrid but Honka looks lost out there and makes too many mistakes. Few times this year he's passed the puck straight to opponents tape which has led to goals. But like I said our whole defence has been horrible. I wish Honka had a mentor like Vatanen had in Kalle Koskinen. I also wish we had resigned Nolan Yonkman for the leadership alone.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
He has fallen a lot. He is not a first rounder anymore, maybe not even a second..
What? At this point he still absolutely is. The question is if he's a top 15 pick anymore but I firmly believe he'll turn it around. The whole team is suffering.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kokkonen has impressed me so much more, and he is not seen as sure first rounder (yet).
It's about the skill set and potential that a player has. For example, you might remember the Swedish player Boqvist for instance got drafted #8OA despite playing only 15 games in SHL, -7 with only 1 assist scored during those.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kokkonen's a first rounder. But how Kokkonen does and where he gets drafted has nothing to do with Honka.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What does mestis mean, is that like a junior team?

I wouldn't be too opposed to Dallas taking a flier on him at the draft, just for the sake of uniting the brothers. Maybe playing together will raise both of their games.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
What does mestis mean, is that like a junior team?

I wouldn't be too opposed to Dallas taking a flier on him at the draft, just for the sake of uniting the brothers. Maybe playing together will raise both of their games.
Its the second tier league in Finland, like allsvenskan for Sweden (Just plenty worse)

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Here's hoping that he steps up during the rest of the season. Still pretty certain he will be a first rounder.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Honka is not top3 Finnish defenceman on this draft. Heinola, Kokkonen and Thomson should go ahead of him.

I'd take Antti Tuomisto over Honka too. At least he has the size if his offensive game doesn't pan out.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I think some of his problems are because of last year went so well. He is overconfident and cocky. He tries to do things by himself instead of sticking to the plan. He is playing against juniors and thinks he is too good for everyone else.

2nd rounder imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->