RD Anttoni Honka - JYP Jyväskylä, Liiga (2019, 83rd, CAR)

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
He seems like a better prospect than his brother was at his age, right?

-2 draft
Anttoni: Jr. A 26 gp 2g 7a
Julius: Jr. B 26gp 6g 7a

-1 draft
Anttoni: Jr. A 11gp 2g 7a
Julius: Jr. A 42gp 4g 11a

I'd say if he keeps this up he could become top 10 pick in the 2019 draft.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He seems like a better prospect than his brother was at his age, right?

-2 draft
Anttoni: Jr. A 26 gp 2g 7a
Julius: Jr. B 26gp 6g 7a

-1 draft
Anttoni: Jr. A 11gp 2g 7a
Julius: Jr. A 42gp 4g 11a

I'd say if he keeps this up he could become top 10 pick in the 2019 draft.

Can't really compare the numbers. JYP had a terrible team during Julius's time there. I mean in the draft -1 year the highest point scorers scored 30 and 29 points in the whole season, this year Matias Mustonen has 19 points after 11 games..

Last edited:

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
Very similar to his brother. Moves the puck well and is very calm. Still looks like a 17-year old playing against men mainly because his 17.year old playing against men. Edit: second assist

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Two points already. Actually in first game against SaiPa, there was a disallowed goal were Honka would had got assist also.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Looks almost like a clone of his brother, very similar playing styles. I like his offensive game. Should be a high pick in 2019.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Third assist in four games, was a secondary assist on PP with Turkulainen goal against TPS. Looks like a really smooth skater and moves the puck well. Definite weaknesses in his game as well, but he just turned 17 and is already playing on a high level.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This guy definitely is a far better prospect than Julius Honka was at his age and should be at least a high-mid first round talent for 2019.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Finnish D prospects coming out left and right. Help. I want centers.
Finland getting strong at every position but center.

A superstar center would be very nice right about now ^^ a finnish peter forsberg!! Or mats sundin. Preferably within 5 years of eachother.

That + barkov mhmmhmm

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Well I mean, there's Borgström, Heponiemi, Kotkaniemi, Kupari as center prospects. Not too bad imo

Reactions: 1OApick

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Finnish D prospects coming out left and right. Help. I want centers.
Finnish national team coaches don’t overvalue the importance of centers in the way that North American teams do, so I honestly think it is much better for our national hockey to keep producing top class defencemen more than centers. It’s in reality the more important position than center is.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Finnish national team coaches don’t overvalue the importance of centers in the way that North American teams do, so I honestly think it is much better for our national hockey to keep producing top class defencemen more than centers. It’s in reality the more important position than center is.
I have to agree with this. Strong centers help but it's not as important in a sudden death tournament compared to regular season and playoff type of hockey. The best Finnish national teams were 2004 world cup team and the 2006 olympic team. They had relatively weak center group compared to the other top countries but it was built around great puck-moving defensemen who were also great defensively. (Timonen,Numminen,Pitkanen,Lydman,Salo,Niinimaa) It's what has been missing in team Finland for a while now.

Anyway for Antton Honka, it seems he's a bit smaller than his older brother (5'9, Julius is 5'11). It might have a negative impact on his draft status.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I used to work with his one of his big brothers for a couple of years. He and other people that know Honka family always said even multiple years ago that Anttoni was always the most talented one in their family.

Awesome start to his Liiga career. Lets hope he grows a little. Could go very high in '19 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->