RD Adam Fox (2016, 66th, CGY; traded to CAR; traded to NYR)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hamilton and Fox both bring the same skill set while Hamonic is exactly the type of defenseman you describe at the end. That's why if Fox shows he's worth it, the Flames could choose to sell high on Hamilton, clearing cap space and/or acquiring a high end piece elsewhere on the roster.

Most likely they'll just move Stone in a year or two to convince Fox to sign.

I think Fox is actually very different from Hamilton. He's a patient, composed playmaking defenseman with a mediocre shot, while Hamilton is a high pace shooting defenseman, but not a great play maker. They both bring offense but in very different ways.

Jul 19, 2017
I think Fox is actually very different from Hamilton. He's a patient, composed playmaking defenseman with a mediocre shot, while Hamilton is a high pace shooting defenseman, but not a great play maker. They both bring offense but in very different ways.

Your assessment of Flames players is actually really good despite you being a Devils fan. Do you watch a lot of our games or something?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Your assessment of Flames players is actually really good despite you being a Devils fan. Do you watch a lot of our games or something?

I watch a lot of hockey in general, but I do follow Johnny Gaudreau a lot as he's my favorite player, so I catch a bunch of Flames games. They're more or less my west coast team to watch after the Eastern games wrap.

I also keep tabs on prospects throughout the league, especially Americans, which is why I know Fox so well.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Extremely excited to see how he does in the WJC... I am very high on him and expect a dominating performance

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Was looking forward to watching him play last night but something came up and was unable to watch. How was he? I know its kinda tough to evaluate players when its a blowout like it was

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The fact calgary could roll

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Valimaki-Fox

next year is absolutely ridiculous. I'd imagine they won't since they're not gonna rush valimaki or fox for that matter to play 3rd pair minutes. but if they wanted to get any of these guys feet wet they'd certainly be able to be put in a situation to succeed and learn from fantastic teammates

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Valimaki-Fox

next year is absolutely ridiculous. I'd imagine they won't since they're not gonna rush valimaki or fox for that matter to play 3rd pair minutes. but if they wanted to get any of these guys feet wet they'd certainly be able to be put in a situation to succeed and learn from fantastic teammates
Calgary always has amazing defence on paper.
And then you watch them play...

Reactions: STLBLUES44

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Calgary always has amazing defence on paper.
And then you watch them play...
We allowed 2 goals or less in about half our games this year, if you think we are losing because of our defense then perhaps you need to watching us play teams other than the oilers (my god gully does not know how to deal with them) offense is costing us games right now and its so sad

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Not much talk about him, how has he looked in the games? Only game ive seen has been the canada game and thought he was pretty good. So what about the other games, obvs saw the suspect defensive play on GWG by the slovaks

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Not much talk about him, how has he looked in the games? Only game ive seen has been the canada game and thought he was pretty good. So what about the other games, obvs saw the suspect defensive play on GWG by the slovaks
Got beat to the outside 1-1 on a Russian goal today ---not a great look for him. He is as advertised, I think. Needs work on the defensive side of the puck and isn't a great skater for his size (from what I've seen).

Very smart, offensive player though.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Valimaki-Fox

I think Andersson is far more NHL-ready than Valimaki or Fox. Kylington and even Wotherspoon would likely be ahead of them too.

And Kulak/Stone are actually a pretty decent 3rd pairing. Unless the Flames make significant moves on the D side, I don't see any chance of a spot for either Valimaki or Fox next year. The Flames don't tend to rush their D prospects into the NHL.

delaney8

Jul 26, 2009
Button said that he has played very well and he has looked good in the 3 games i watched. Not flashy on d but fairly effective and excellent on offence.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Button said that he has played very well and he has looked good in the 3 games i watched. Not flashy on d but fairly effective and excellent on offence.

Thats good to hear. Honestly ive only been able to watch bits and pieces of the USA games and honestly i didnt really notice him.. But as i said it was just small parts of each game

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s been okay. At times he looks about as skilled as anyone in the tournament. But a few times he got completely dangled.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
He’s been okay. At times he looks about as skilled as anyone in the tournament. But a few times he got completely dangled.

He reminds me of Jake Gardiner, but with more tools. When he's on, he's one of the best players on the ice, but every once in a while I cringe. Fox will be better, though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He reminds me of Jake Gardiner, but with more tools. When he's on, he's one of the best players on the ice, but every once in a while I cringe. Fox will be better, though.

He reminds me of Ghostisbehere.

At times he will get worked defensively but he will be a stud as a PP QB.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Bwahahahahahahahaha

You must be joking?

As for Fox he gets walked around way too easily by junior players to be anything more than a sheltered 3rd line PP QB at this point and his skating is so weak it will be interesting to see if he can improve that.

I would like to see the Flames shop him and see what they can get as his stock seems sky high right now (although GMs might have a different view than fans.)

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Bwahahahahahahahaha

You must be joking?

As for Fox he gets walked around way too easily by junior players to be anything more than a sheltered 3rd line PP QB at this point and his skating is so weak it will be interesting to see if he can improve that.

I would like to see the Flames shop him and see what they can get as his stock seems sky high right now (although GMs might have a different view than fans.)

To be honest, the Flames could use exactly that type of Dman. Their PP stinks right now. They’d be a playoff team if their special teams weren’t so awful.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
To be honest, the Flames could use exactly that type of Dman. Their PP stinks right now. They’d be a playoff team if their special teams weren’t so awful.

I think it is use of the players rather than lack of players.

Gio-Hamilton-Brodie are all 3 good options on the point for the PP and if used properly (ie not Brodie there as the only d -man with his muffin shot) they should be fine.

I think its a as simple as Brodie-Stone, with Brodie being the QB and Stone having the big shot on PP1 and Hamilton-Gio on PP2. You could switch them if you want I just think the second unit needs the creativity/offense of Ham/Gio moreso than the top unit.

But GG seems hell bent on force feeding a forward there even though we don't have a guy that is a natural fit for that spot.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Bwahahahahahahahaha

You must be joking?

Sure... but he's a Harvard bum!

newly-named-calgary-flames-assistant-coach-dave-cameron-pose.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad