RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If you go back in time on HF you will find a ton of posts about moving Keith to Forward because he was so terrible for his first two seasons. I went deep diving in old HF 2-3 years ago. Fascinating takes.

Were they by HF50?

I remember going to games with my old man and my buddy's dad and he was adamant that Keith was one of the top 10 worst D in the NHL. I recall telling him that him not to quit his day job and that paying for his son to play hockey did not mean that he knew what he was talking about (note that I am and was close with the guy and that I said the same thing to my father).

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
we have to remember, Keith, Seabs, and Sharpie all were up producing during some **** seasons before the rest of the cavalry arrived...I am game for Joker getting time right now, and getting Sikura, Hayden, and Hillman in there as well...we need these kids in their 2nd/3rd years of pro hockey when Boqvist, Mitchell, Krys, Wise, etc all hit the show.

I agree...as long as we are willing to manage the roster space and as long as the understanding is they will be developed, not sidelined for the vets to try and carry the team in a hopeless cause like post-new year's last season.

If not--if Q's just going to lean on the core vets we might as well be giving Joker, Sikura, Hayden, and Hillman as much hockey as they can in a lower league and let the Q/Stan issue sort themselves out.

Keith might have been a hot mess early on but he wasn't constantly getting his icetime cut in favor of Aucoin, Spacek, Cullimore, Babchuck, or another vet in spite of the vets playing worse than Keith. Neither was Seabrook. If we got guys on the backend who show promise like they could do more, we should be letting them do more and rising to the highest level they can handle.

Reactions: AmericanDream

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Spacek got traded Keith’s rookie year but Spacek was the best defenseman on that team. Aucoin was actively awful while Cullimore was hot garbage.

Those were trash teams with trash veterans. What we’ve got now isn’t good but it’s a massive step up from spare part enforcers like Todd Simpson seeing regular minutes. Gus is a solid comparison to Kukkonen who regularly saw top four minutes on those teams.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I was looking at Elite Prospects a moment ago, and on the site they like to list birthdays of different players and saw that a one Adam Boqvist is, as of today, 18 years old.

So Happy Birthday Boqvist!
Not that me saying happy birthday here will ever be seen by him, but whatever.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
not to derail the thread, but the kid did have a pretty rough summer camp for Sweden...I am not overly concerned with it, but the things I saw were some of the same issues I had with him prior. I am not going all MolsonIceFiddy here, but he has to be better, he has to handle pressure better and use that dynamic skill we have seen at times much more consistently.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
not to derail the thread, but the kid did have a pretty rough summer camp for Sweden...I am not overly concerned with it, but the things I saw were some of the same issues I had with him prior. I am not going all MolsonIceFiddy here, but he has to be better, he has to handle pressure better and use that dynamic skill we have seen at times much more consistently.
who are you talking about

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Looks like we'll get a glimpse of him in the Traverse tourney. I remember there being live streams of those games last year, and I expect that that'll happen again this year. Colliton should be the coach again and most of the players in that tourney will wind up in the AHL this year, so it'll be interesting to see how Boqvist looks out there.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if Tkachuk "somehow" winds up at London this year, they could be one of the deepest teams in recent memory for the OHL...crazy talent there.

can't wait to see more of Boqvist, the more hockey the better!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Dave Bolland is volunteering w/London. Here's what he has to say about Boqvist: “He looks great. He’s got hands, he’s got a shot, he’s got a little bit of everything. He’s going to be a key part in the Blackhawks lineup for a long time.”

Reactions: CallMeShaft

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Boqvist has 6 points in his last 3 games (+3 which means little to me but does to others). Seems like he is really starting to get going.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OK. ..if he gets 2pts a game for the rest of the London season then we can say he donated the league...and is the 2nd vo.in of Bobby Orr..but probably not happening. ..also how many were primary assists?He still has no goals...The +3 in last 3 games Is OK ..

One can pile up lots of secondary assists from the back end by starting the first pass ..but the real starry endeavors are either the primary assist guy or the finisher...or both..the guy who merely sent the first pass off is in most cases doing a routine thing anyone with the same opportunity to play with forwards who can set up or finish could likely also do...nothing special or dominant about that.

Now IF he is the primary as sister and especially because of some great play he made to get it to the goal score. ..those too would be lauded ...but I so far have not seen a lot of that kind of starry play from Boqvist ...nothing wow! OR...very few if any...

OF course there are exceptions to the secondary assist as routine argument ...for instance a long bomb outlet pass right up the gut to a streak g forward who as a result gets a break-away or 2 on. .I have seen 1 such long pass from Boqvist right on the tape where he passed from hoscend-line all the way up ice where can streaking London forward went in on a 2 on from that pass and played give and go and back and in ...but these types of special plays by Boqvist have been few ..most of his a sits routine secondaries of the ordinary kind ..so far..

His shot was supposed to be great and special in that he is supposed to beat goalies from distance with it...not yet..But I saw a rebound result from a shot he took that was cashed in for a London goal..

My point
Is yes he can pileup assists ..especially those routine bones ...but we gotta see a lot more of the special stuff...and see him send pucks past goalies into the net...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
OK. ..if he gets 2pts a game for the rest of the London season then we can say he donated the league...and is the 2nd vo.in of Bobby Orr..but probably not happening. ..also how many were primary assists?He still has no goals...The +3 in last 3 games Is OK ..

One can pile up lots of secondary assists from the back end by starting the first pass ..but the real starry endeavors are either the primary assist guy or the finisher...or both..the guy who merely sent the first pass off is in most cases doing a routine thing anyone with the same opportunity to play with forwards who can set up or finish could likely also do...nothing special or dominant about that.

Now IF he is the primary as sister and especially because of some great play he made to get it to the goal score. ..those too would be lauded ...but I so far have not seen a lot of that kind of starry play from Boqvist ...nothing wow! OR...very few if any...

OF course there are exceptions to the secondary assist as routine argument ...for instance a long bomb outlet pass right up the gut to a streak g forward who as a result gets a break-away or 2 on. .I have seen 1 such long pass from Boqvist right on the tape where he passed from hoscend-line all the way up ice where can streaking London forward went in on a 2 on from that pass and played give and go and back and in ...but these types of special plays by Boqvist have been few ..most of his a sits routine secondaries of the ordinary kind ..so far..

His shot was supposed to be great and special in that he is supposed to beat goalies from distance with it...not yet..But I saw a rebound result from a shot he took that was cashed in for a London goal..

My point
Is yes he can pileup assists ..especially those routine bones ...but we gotta see a lot more of the special stuff...and see him send pucks past goalies into the net...
he's back.......'
tumblr_pgxfiex9w61xkok61o1_250.jpg

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

My point

Could you be more out of touch?

Sorry but your secondary assist argument is garbage as there are many times where the secondary assist actually sets up the goal.

Lets not forget that you have already been shown by another poster to making things up.

Boqvist is amount the top D scorers in the OHL and he started slow. He is consistently generating shots and offensive opportunities.

My point: You are making things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->