RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Article about Boqvist in Hometown newspaper. Yes its a big deal here!

*Rough translate freestyle !

This Autumn Adam Boqvist will play Hockey infront of a Full House in the OHL.
But First awaits Rookiecamp in Chicago, the Club that temped him over to North America.
-It couldnt possible be any better! Says the 17-year old.

Its been a Month full of events for Adam Boqvist.
A couple of weeks ago he was i Dallas where he was drafted as no 8 totally by the Chicago Blackhawks.
After that it was trainingcamp in New Jersey before traveling back to Sweden again.
Since then he have signed a NHL-contract and now its clear that he will leave Brynäs to play for the London Knights in the Canadian Juniors. (OHL)

He will leave his Home (small town Hedemora) On Friday and once again cross the Atlantic .
This time for Chicagos rookiecamp.
-This is crazy fun! -Ending up in Chicago? It couldnt be better and to sign a NHL contract with them is a dream almost to good to be true!
-You couldn belive it and one thousand of my thoughts went trough my mind at the same time
-Head is spinning ,its so much to digest!

On the Rookiecamp he will have company by Swedish Players John Dahlström , Jacob Nilsson, Tim Söderlund and Danish AIK-player Mathias From.
And of course hes Brynäs teammate Lucas Carlsson.

Boqvist is the youngest player on this camp and the first Top-Ten draft since Patrick Kane(no1 2007)
-It´s gonna be fun! I am invited here with all talents and a few other players.
-Its nice to have some other Swedish players here like Lucas and Tim, so i can talk some swedish as well says Boqvist.

(Question from Reporter) - Your thoughts on playing Junior Hockey instead of SHL mens league in Sweden with Brynäs.
- I think this is best for me! There is a lot of players making the jump from there directly in to the NHL so its not a bad league at all. Chicago wants me to learn the game in there (OHL) to be NHL-ready as fast as possible.

Boqvist will stay in Chicago for a month and return home for couple of week to pack up the apartment in Gävle and have some holiday in Hedemora before the real move to North America.
The Move will take him to Canadian London with a population about 400.000.
Knights is a Classic team founded in the 60´s. They have three championsships in the last seven years. The arena capacity is 9046 ppl and last years avarage was 8959 ppl.
Almost full house on gamenight that is! And this is numbers some Swedish Elite Teams only can dream on ! This Team has also produced som superstars as John Tavares, Corey Perry, Brendan Shanahan, Rick Nash , Max Domi and from this article Patrick Kane.

-London wanted me to come over already last year and if a can play at my best there will be plent of icetime, so its perfect. - Hell of a crowd on their games and great atmosphere says Boqvist.

(Reporter Q) So how will you spend your extra money (Signing a NHL Contract?)
I will take Mom and Dad on a trip abroad. They have really help me over the years.
And of course there there will be some for Jeppe (Brother Jesper)
But you have to be cautious, even if you are young and want to blow it all at once ha ha!

** This is a freestyle translated text.**

Attachments

• boqvist1.jpg
    boqvist1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 7
  • boqvist4.jpg
    boqvist4.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Article about Boqvist in Hometown newspaper. Yes its a big deal here!

Can you translate?

If Saad is traded, I’m gonna buy Boqvist jersey straight away. I dont care if he even ever makes to the show.

Also I will buy Hayden’s jersey. Makes me wiser.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
5. Adam Boqvist was drafted by the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights last year, and was considering coming over from Sweden, but he said his general manager in Brynas vetoed the idea. But the Hawks signed Boqvist to an entry-level contract shortly after making him the No. 8 pick in the draft, and he’ll play for London this season.

5-on-5: Corey Crawford's status is still the Blackhawks' most pressing issue

That'd explain why Hawks made sure to sign him like they did. The Brynas GM was playing hard ball and wouldn't allow him to play in the OHL despite not getting time in the SHL. Boqvist and the Hawks basically gave the guy the middle finger by signing him to an NHL contract, thus giving them the right to decide where he goes and what he does.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Ah, so I was wrong at the time thinking it was irrelevant they signed him at the time. I didnt know control over those decisions had that type of impact via being signed.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
The finale of the 2018 draft series is up. I liked seeing the “full” discussions on Boqvist with the scouts as well as a closer look at his one on one interview with Mark Kelley.

Kelley is such a great resource to have in the organization. Seems to really know his shit.

Pretty interesting to see Stan and Mark’s reaction when Arizona picked Hayton. Meant they had an extra player to choose from

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
BlackhawksTV has their latest on the clock video out all about Boqvist.

The most interesting thing for me. At least by the way its edited, they were set on Boqvist after Zadina was taken. Before Vancouver even drafted. Though maybe they also were confident Vancouver was really set on Hughes or just not ok Boqvist. Though I think more people would still at this point be angry at the Boqvist pick if Hughes was still available.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
There was some talk that Blackhawks liked Hayton but there is no way the would’ve picked him even at #8. That reaction though haha.

Boqvist seems like really nice kid.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
that was an awesome behind the scenes look. talked me right into boqvist. I like that bowman put his trust in MK to make the pick and that they kept it real saying he could have the potential to be the 2nd best d man didnt bullshit and say could be better then dahlin.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is a crazy thought but if Boqvist shows he can run the PP at an NHL level in camp and in the pre-season do they give him his 8 games before sending him back? JK has an impact on this.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
that was an awesome behind the scenes look. talked me right into boqvist. I like that bowman put his trust in MK to make the pick and that they kept it real saying he could have the potential to be the 2nd best d man didnt bull**** and say could be better then dahlin.

Seems like a lot of people forgot he was in the conversation with Dahlin, Svech, and Zadina most of the season (RD was obviously the clear #1).

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
BlackhawksTV has their latest on the clock video out all about Boqvist.

The most interesting thing for me. At least by the way its edited, they were set on Boqvist after Zadina was taken. Before Vancouver even drafted. Though maybe they also were confident Vancouver was really set on Hughes or just not ok Boqvist. Though I think more people would still at this point be angry at the Boqvist pick if Hughes was still available.

Great clip, thanks. lol @ the reaction to AZ's pick. Kelly is one of the best. Fortunate to have him. Wanted Wahlstrom, but very happy we nabbed Boqvist.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
“His teammates nicknamed him the sherif because he takes over every conversation” .

:laugh:

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
The talent is there, i just hope he has the drive to keep pushing himself to achieve his potential.

I fear that the bust threshold he has is a lot lower than other picks in the top 15. Or maybe I'm just skeptical having seen Rundblads fall from grace.

I guess, consider me cautiously optimistic about his future. But i am extremely excited to follow his development

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The talent is there, i just hope he has the drive to keep pushing himself to achieve his potential.

I fear that the bust threshold he has is a lot lower than other picks in the top 15. Or maybe I'm just skeptical having seen Rundblads fall from grace.

I guess, consider me cautiously optimistic about his future. But i am extremely excited to follow his development

Rundblad is not as talented as Boqvist and isn't even in the same stratosphere in skating ability and mobility.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Rundblad is not as talented as Boqvist and isn't even in the same stratosphere in skating ability and mobility.

Very true but JL brings a good point about the smurf crew in general. Chances are a few will make it to the NHL but there's no guarantee for any of them to do so. Bladder is a prime example of a player who can excel in lower leagues, only to fail miserably at the NHL level.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Very true but JL brings a good point about the smurf crew in general. Chances are a few will make it to the NHL but there's no guarantee for any of them to do so. Bladder is a prime example of a player who can excel in lower leagues, only to fail miserably at the NHL level.

Who are the members of the smurf crew?

Mitchell? Boqvist? Joker?

All three are listed at like 6'0 and 170+ pounds. Joker is listed at 180+. All three probably end up around 6'0 and 185lbs or so when all is said and done, as far as strength gains as they mature/develop. Not sure when 6'0 and 170-190lbs became "smurfy". Hell, Boqvist probably ends up around 6'1 and 185lbs or better. Did you see his frame? He can add a lot of lean muscle/strength. And he's 17... still growing some.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
So you agree that he is much more talented. That’s a start.

Also explain to me how AB is a smurf please.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Rundbland is nothing like AB, HJ, IM, NB, etc. as he was never a great skater. These prospects are all very good to elite skaters with high level lateral quickness (this is where Rundblad really struggled from a skating standpoint).

Hell Rundblad had size as he was 6'2" 190 lbs. I am willing to be that if Boqvist would have had those measurements he would not have made it past pick 3 (there is a chance he would have given Dahlin a run for his money).

Also NONE of these players are smurfs. 5'11" is not and will never be a smurfy unless we are talking goalies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I am so confused. Where did JL mention anything about smurfs in the post I responded to? And Rundblad is 6'2 200 pounds...none of these things correlate.

As an aside, is the new standard for "smurf" anyone under 6'2 220lbs? Did I miss a memo?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am so confused. Where did JL mention anything about smurfs in the post I responded to? And Rundblad is 6'2 200 pounds...none of these things correlate.

As an aside, is the new standard for "smurf" anyone under 6'2 220lbs? Did I miss a memo?

Don't think he did. It was just an excuse for Bobby to rail on the guys that are apparently under that 6'2 220lb mark... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad