RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Thanks! Do you know what the pricing structure is like? It doesn't appear to be on the page. Or it just isn't showing up for me. I have NHL Gamecenter, but I know the AHL's is ridiculously more expensive!!!!!
Not entirely sure, but I remember it being more than I wanted to spend. Close to $300 IIRC.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Great. ..I can watch most of his games on my Rogers Sports Pak which includes s coverage of OHL games ...if Bouchard gets sent back by Edmonton then the London Knights will have both on their blue line though as both are RD ,Boqvist would need to play LD point on the PPS. .but it should be fun for OHL opposing goalies trying to stop 2 great goal scorers with their point to shot s from the blue line ...But whereas Bouchard was "the guy" firing away and controlling the Port. .now they have 2 "the guy" for posting qb and fire long distance ..So I wonder if there can be 2 featured long bombers from the pint...?I suspect 1 will need to defend r to set up the point shot instead of taking it on the last pass back to the point ..the hehe dagger is too much deferring byv1 or both to each other..you may see Alphonse and Gaston moments ...you know..".you shoot.".."no you shoot"..."no I insist you take the shot" "no I defer to you"...etc...such that plays get messed up by too much delay and deferral decision on who needs to take the shot after over-pasdibg back and forth to each other..egos could clash too...Can you have 2 "the guy" stars on the same d-pair on the op? WE shall find out ..I could be fascinating to watch either if it all clicks or whether the best laid plans go a 'glay .

Reactions: ray c

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm still interested to see how he does in camp. Not likely to happen, but there's still the chance he could come in and force his way into a spot with Rockford with a good enough camp showing. Not predicting this, just saying it's a possibility a la Roslovic a couple of years ago. Good thing is if this doesn't happen (likely) he's got a great "fall back" option going to London, which will be a very good spot for him for reasons already discussed here.

Reactions: migi and TLEH

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd be astonished. He's very young for his draft class and almost to a T everybody said he needed quite a bit more seasoning.

I have very high hopes for him, but right now I'd expect it to be men against boys if he tried to play in the AHL. Juniors are his best option based on the things I've read.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd be astonished. He's very young for his draft class and almost to a T everybody said he needed quite a bit more seasoning.

I have very high hopes for him, but right now I'd expect it to be men against boys if he tried to play in the AHL. Juniors are his best option based on the things I've read.

I don't disagree with any of this. Just saying I'm interested to see how he is in camp with everyone else.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For sure, he'll hopefully be a cornerstone blueliner for us in a few years, so his development will be critical hopefully for an eventual rebound.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I have high hopes for Jokiharju in this season. I think he starts with Rockford and plays major role there if there is no injuries with Hawks.

If season goes downroad with Hawks-> they trade Rutta at trade deadline and Jokiharju takes his place. I have high hopes for Rutta this season but I dont see him in long-term plan. Mitchell hopefully signs when his season is over so he might get couple games later of the season.

If everything goes right, they both are with Hawks in 19-20 and Boqvist plays with Rockford and is close to make the jump. I’m pretty confident they can all play in NHL in spring of 2020 but cant say in what kind of role. Jokiharju is the closest to be regular today imo. And then Murphy and Seabrook are obviously there.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Is Boqvist a Barrie/letang hybrid ?
I guess, but why would you ask if he's a blend of two players? Why not just ask if he's like a current NHLer and not some hybrid of multiple guys?

If he hits 80% of his potential, he's John Klingberg. If he reaches his full potential, he's Erik Karlsson 2.0. That's the simplest way to gauge his ability.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I guess, but why would you ask if he's a blend of two players? Why not just ask if he's like a current NHLer and not some hybrid of multiple guys?

If he hits 80% of his potential, he's John Klingberg. If he reaches his full potential, he's Erik Karlsson 2.0. That's the simplest way to gauge his ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad