RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The question is - would playing in the AHL over the SHL be THAT much better for his development that it’s worth burning a year of his ELC? I can’t imagine that it would unless he’s buried in the SHL. Would imagine signing him to an ELC would be an insurance marker for the hawks as to where if he’s not getting the ice time they want for his development they can pull him and stick him in the ahl.

Yeah, I want him to tear up juniors with London then come to us. AHL is dangerous and SEL doesn’t help him with the ice/style adjustment. Someone like him, I want to see him dominate on small ice and gain more confidence.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't think he would burn a year of ELC in the AHL since he is under the age of 20. And yes, it would be much better for him to be in the AHL.

He’s young enough to go to the OHL, then AHL then NHL over a 3 year span without burning a year if what you say is true.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Rockford has a logjam of D already, that getting played concern of the SEL is there a too.

Playing for London makes the most sense I would think. Unless they're convinced Colition will play him consistently but he even played Robin Norrell at forward last year because his Defense is weak and they had so many Dmen

migi

Feb 25, 2015
In Brynäs Boqvist would play very limited role as 3rd pairing. In Rockford there are not many RD available at the moment, I think Raddysh might even be the only one atm? Obviously Jokiharju could be there too.

In London he would be 1st or 2nd pairing guy depending on Bouchard.

Rockford D could be imo:

Gilbert - Jokiharju
Carlsson - Boqvist
Hillman - Raddysh
Snuggerud - Dahlström

Yes, there is a logjam because Snuggy needs minutes, he still has potential.

Boqvist to London seems like the best option.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
In Brynäs Boqvist would play very limited role as 3rd pairing. In Rockford there are not many RD available at the moment, I think Raddysh might even be the only one atm? Obviously Jokiharju could be there too.

In London he would be 1st or 2nd pairing guy depending on Bouchard.

Rockford D could be imo:

Gilbert - Jokiharju
Carlsson - Boqvist
Hillman - Raddysh
Snuggerud - Dahlström

Yes, there is a logjam because Snuggy needs minutes, he still has potential.

Boqvist to London seems like the best option.
Tuulola too. London might be the best option.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Doesn’t the OHL have individual games for purchase as well? It would be nice to catch a few games throughout the year if he goes to the Knights without needing a full subscription.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Doesn’t the OHL have individual games for purchase as well? It would be nice to catch a few games throughout the year if he goes to the Knights without needing a full subscription.

There are PPV (pay per view), I cant remember if you can pay for only one game but there were different packages last year. 3 games, 10 games if I remember correctly.

Reactions: iiStylesx

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
OHL is where id hope he goes, as he'd get a opportunity to develop physically in a safer environment, and really play a huge role; rather than have him neuter some of his offensive ability in limited AHL or SHL minutes.

He's not exactly shone when playing against men(which is to be expected for a 17 year old). 3pts and a -6 in 22 games

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

“That would make sense,” one league source said of Boqvist playing for London. “They love that program.”
Boqvist’s agent Martin Nilsson said they wouldn’t be against that.
“If that was the route for Adam and Chicago chose that, it wouldn’t concern us,” Nilsson said earlier this this week. “It’s a great league where he would get the chance to play junior hockey against the best players in the world.”

If Boqvist is down I think most everyone thinks a year there than a year in the AHL would probably be best for his development.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
“That would make sense,” one league source said of Boqvist playing for London. “They love that program.”
Boqvist’s agent Martin Nilsson said they wouldn’t be against that.
“If that was the route for Adam and Chicago chose that, it wouldn’t concern us,” Nilsson said earlier this this week. “It’s a great league where he would get the chance to play junior hockey against the best players in the world.”

If Boqvist is down I think most everyone thinks a year there than a year in the AHL would probably be best for his development.

That's where I'm definitely at. This season in London, come to NHL camp the following season and be given every opportunity, and if not ready yet (likely the case) to Rockford he goes.

From what it sounds like, the Hawks prefer the London option to Sweden for this season.

EDIT: And there you have it. Per Twitter reports, he is off to London. John Matisz reporting, per sources.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
One thing Powers mentioned in that article, and that I totally agree with, is that if Boqvist excels in training camp and the Traverse City tournament, he's probably good to go for the AHL. Too early to tell on that though. For now I'm just going to assume he's London bound until the TC tourney is over.

Reactions: migi

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Well that settles that. Any of you nerds watch the knights on a regular basis?

I see a pretty fair amount of OHL every season and I know others here probably see even more than I do.

London is going to be pretty damn stacked this season. Especially if Bouchard comes back, which I suspect to be the case, that's quite a D-corps there.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->