RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Here´s some news about Adam.

I´m sad to say that Adam will not be part of Sweden’s world juniors team this year. To many offensively skilled Swedish D-men this year I guess...

He has been playing 6 games with Brynas in the SHL so far but with very limited TOI (about 5 min per game). Been all right with very few mistakes, but of course hard to really get into the games.

Yesterday he played with Brynas in the Champions Hockey League (an international club hockey tournament) against Czech team Trinec and got some decent TOI for the first time (18 min). Still no time in PP but had a solid game and was +1 in a loss 3 -1. I have put together some sequences from the game with a little focus on defensive plays as well.

Reactions: Kelly and Tv9924

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
i hate to say it, but if he stays getting this amount of ice time, he may just join his brother in jersey, and I would love that

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Nope, doesn't make the snub any better.
He's 17 and been getting extremely limited SHL minutes and primarily playing in the SHL. I wouldn't call it much of a snub, considering they already have Dahlin, Liljegren, and Brannstrom as offensive attacking D-men.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's 17 and been getting extremely limited SHL minutes and primarily playing in the SHL. I wouldn't call it much of a snub, considering they already have Dahlin, Liljegren, and Brannstrom as offensive attacking D-men.

Thats what Monten said, doesn't mean it makes sense.

He's a better ice hockey player than Westerlund and Sellgren, Moverare as well, but he wasn't being left off this team.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Thats what Monten said, doesn't mean it makes sense.

He's a better ice hockey player than Westerlund and Sellgren, Moverare as well, but he wasn't being left off this team.
Except they probably want big bodies for penalty killing and such. It could be a mistake, but I don't think it is a massive snub.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Except they probably want big bodies for penalty killing and such. It could be a mistake, but I don't think it is a massive snub.

Sellgren is an inch smaller, Westerlund the same height.

I definitely understand the reasoning why he wasn't picked, I think its bogus though. Sweden also should've taken Hallander, especially if Nylander won't be there. Sweden loves their grinders, maybe its why they struggle when the games matter.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Adam had his usual 5 minutes in a SHL game against Lulea yesterday. In that time, he managed to make his first point (second assist), was +2, had a 2 min penalty and was part of an 3 to 1 were he set up a teammate to more or less a penalty shot (he missed).
He´s fun to watch this guy! :)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bigmackattack

Oct 15, 2017
Does anybody have an update on his play in the Allsvenskan? I see he has 1 point in 5 games but I'm hoping somebody's actually been watching him play

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
Does anybody have an update on his play in the Allsvenskan? I see he has 1 point in 5 games but I'm hoping somebody's actually been watching him play
He hasn't been dressed for every game, so I've missed actually watching him. He is at least getting more icetime when he does play than he was getting in the SHL.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm pretty sure Boqvist's loan was only a temporary short-term move, as Almtuna used him in their lineup to fill the hole that Lindstrom left while he played with the Swedish WJC team in Buffalo. He definitely didn't feature in the last few AIS games and seems to be back with the Brynas J20 team now.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
I’ve seen parts of the 5 games he played with Almtuna. I don´t think he played his best games but it was just bad luck he didn’t score more points. He had at least two shots in the bars during those 5 games and a lot of good feeds that didn’t result. Also, I guess his style of playing takes some time to adjust to. He often moves into open positions and if you don’t notice that and make the play where a conventional D-man should be there will be missed opportunities and turnovers…
He was recalled to Brynas one week ago and played 2 games with J20 (scored 1 goal). The latest news however is that he will be back playing with Almtuna for at least 2 more games.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I’ve seen parts of the 5 games he played with Almtuna. I don´t think he played his best games but it was just bad luck he didn’t score more points. He had at least two shots in the bars during those 5 games and a lot of good feeds that didn’t result. Also, I guess his style of playing takes some time to adjust to. He often moves into open positions and if you don’t notice that and make the play where a conventional D-man should be there will be missed opportunities and turnovers…
He was recalled to Brynas one week ago and played 2 games with J20 (scored 1 goal). The latest news however is that he will be back playing with Almtuna for at least 2 more games.

Is it known which games, specifically?

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Here are a few PP sequences from the games with Almtuna including a shot in crossbar after a nice move. Boqvist playing has no 97.

Reactions: helax

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

He was 1+1 but was officially credited with 0 points :laugh:. His goal (given to #17):

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Adam played yesterday with Almtuna against Sodertalje SK. Was 0+1 in the game and had some "battles" with previous NHL player Nicklas Grossman (no 8). He had a good game with limited TOI 11.21 maybe due to being ill earlier in the week. Here are a few playes from the game.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Just curious, do people think he is going to start to slide given a statistically underwhelming draft year? I like Boqvist, but his numbers this season don't seem to be that of an offensive d-man rated in the top 6 of a strong draft. He seems to be bounced around between leagues not able to stick in the SHL or Allsvenskan, and is now back and forth between there and the 3rd league SuperElit. His upside is huge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad