RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Agreed i can definitely see Adam Boqvist Ottawa bound especially if Karlsson does leave Ottawa which seems Inevitable.

If Ottawa does take Boqvist, it won't be to replace Karlsson. I don't think this kid will be in the NHL for a couple years atleast.

Based on what I've seen, Boqvist is definitely a project, he's no sure thing and is a bit of a risk in the top 5(where you're trying to draft a sure-fire NHLer).

For me, there are only three players that could play in the NHL next season: Dahlin, Svechnikov and Tkachuk. Zadina would be a maybe, but I think he would be better off spending another year in junior or the AHL. Boqvist would be a long term prospect for me.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He's small and with less pro experience than a guy in the top-5 normally have (from Europe).

Sounds like he is considering going to London next year.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
If Ottawa does take Boqvist, it won't be to replace Karlsson. I don't think this kid will be in the NHL for a couple years atleast.

Based on what I've seen, Boqvist is definitely a project, he's no sure thing and is a bit of a risk in the top 5(where you're trying to draft a sure-fire NHLer).

For me, there are only three players that could play in the NHL next season: Dahlin, Svechnikov and Tkachuk. Zadina would be a maybe, but I think he would be better off spending another year in junior or the AHL. Boqvist would be a long term prospect for me.

Just a reply on that. I think Boqvist could develop very much the same way as Erik Karlsson, given the chance. EK65 had very limited icetime in the SHL, went to NHL and had 60 games and 26 points the following year. Both players really need a lot of ice time to be able to play their style of hockey.

This time a year could also be a good time to reflect in what Boqvist achieved internationally during his last 2 years. So, in 5 tourneys this is what we got:

- Boqvist had most points by a D-man in 4 of 5 tourneys
- He had most points (and goals) of any player in one and the second most in another.
- During this season, in 18 games he has only been on the ice a couple of times on goal against and is +14.

Almost every goal and assist has been decisive for the outcome of that game (including several game winning goals). Here´s a couple of reminders:
- Game winning goal against Canada in WorldU17 final
- Hat trick against Finland in 5-nations in Brno 2017 (leading to tournament victory)
- 2 assists and game winning penalty shot against the Czechs in Brno 2017
- Equalizer and assist against Russia in Bronze game in Ivan Hlinka
- Equalizer and goal against Canada in U18VM

In my mind it´s hard to find a better CV in this draft class for being a player that brings he´s best in important games.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just a reply on that. I think Boqvist could develop very much the same way as Erik Karlsson, given the chance. EK65 had very limited icetime in the SHL, went to NHL and had 60 games and 26 points the following year. Both players really need a lot of ice time to be able to play their style of hockey.

This time a year could also be a good time to reflect in what Boqvist achieved internationally during his last 2 years. So, in 5 tourneys this is what we got:

- Boqvist had most points by a D-man in 4 of 5 tourneys
- He had most points (and goals) of any player in one and the second most in another.
- During this season, in 18 games he has only been on the ice a couple of times on goal against and is +14.

Almost every goal and assist has been decisive for the outcome of that game (including several game winning goals). Here´s a couple of reminders:
- Game winning goal against Canada in WorldU17 final
- Hat trick against Finland in 5-nations in Brno 2017 (leading to tournament victory)
- 2 assists and game winning penalty shot against the Czechs in Brno 2017
- Equalizer and assist against Russia in Bronze game in Ivan Hlinka
- Equalizer and goal against Canada in U18VM

In my mind it´s hard to find a better CV in this draft class for being a player that brings he´s best in important games.

I recall someone mention that this season 96% of his points are primary points.
96% blooody hell thats clutch.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Anyone else get Mike Green vibes from him? Maybe not what you want from a top6 pick but 7-10 thats a very valuable player in the right environment.

Either way of all the top10 guys looks like his peak will be the most dependent on who drafts (develops) him. So much raw talent. Would love him go to Nashville for ex just to see what they could turn him into

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I recall someone mention that this season 96% of his points are primary points.
96% blooody hell thats clutch.

It’s impressive but less surprising when you realize that 58% of his points are goals. He’s the Cy Young winner of defensemen.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So Boqvist just signed a rookie contract with Brynäs. Sounds like he is planning on staying another year.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I dont think that has anything to do with it.

I think another loan move might be in the cards for him. I count at least 5, probably 6 defenders that the coaches will trust more. He will be low minutes and probably some PP when he's in the lineup. The team drafting him will have to be very patient because just from reading the tea leaves with the lineup this is not gonna be a big breakout year for him in the SHL.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think another loan move might be in the cards for him. I count at least 5, probably 6 defenders that the coaches will trust more. He will be low minutes and probably some PP when he's in the lineup. The team drafting him will have to be very patient because just from reading the tea leaves with the lineup this is not gonna be a big breakout year for him in the SHL.

Agree, it’s not an ideal situation for him in Brynäs. Maybe he will do what Rasmus Sandin did this season, start in the SHL and then leave for the OHL if things don’t work out. He needs to play a lot next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->