RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I'm assuming he was suspended for today's elimination game? What could he have done to get the match penalty? The head shot that kicked everything off was pretty rough, but the camera stayed on that while the linesman skated him away. Did he slash the lineman?

During the time that he did play, I saw the offense from the red line in, also saw a tough time getting it past his own blue line, getting twisted up when forwards come at him with speed and indifferent positioning when the puck was away from him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
My assessment was that he played very well. Did you stat-watch or watch? He lead the tournament in scoring chances created, but it didn't show up in the points column. Defensive play factors in, I thought he was very good defensively at that tournament.

Should we only judge the points?

Ummmm yes! Hfboards is all stat Scouting! You didn’t know that ?

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
I'm assuming he was suspended for today's elimination game? What could he have done to get the match penalty? The head shot that kicked everything off was pretty rough, but the camera stayed on that while the linesman skated him away. Did he slash the lineman?

During the time that he did play, I saw the offense from the red line in, also saw a tough time getting it past his own blue line, getting twisted up when forwards come at him with speed and indifferent positioning when the puck was away from him.

Due to injuries in Brynas SHL-team the junior team were missing 6 of their top forwards in the game versus Orebro. They clearly struggled to match Orebro playing with a lot of underaged players. Most offense by Brynas was created with Adam on the ice and when he went out of the game Brynas was down 2-1.
When he got his penalty, he was +/0 and had 3 SOG. The game was pretty much lost with Adam out of the game and Brynas eventually lost the they game 6-2. Adam was suspended in the next game leading to another loss 8-3 and they are out of the play off.

The match penalty was horrible, he was accused of shoving one of the linesmen. I think the referee "lost" the game a couple of minutes earlier where a lot of things went wrong. The match penalty, sending out Brynas star player, was his way of showing who’s in charge I guess.

In this video sequences you can see Adam (no 16):
- handling heavy pressure in his own end very efficient
- Creating a goal opportunity with some creative moves
- “Attacking” the referee and getting a match penalty

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Due to injuries in Brynas SHL-team the junior team were missing 6 of their top forwards in the game versus Orebro. They clearly struggled to match Orebro playing with a lot of underaged players. Most offense by Brynas was created with Adam on the ice and when he went out of the game Brynas was down 2-1.
When he got his penalty, he was +/0 and had 3 SOG. The game was pretty much lost with Adam out of the game and Brynas eventually lost the they game 6-2. Adam was suspended in the next game leading to another loss 8-3 and they are out of the play off.

The match penalty was horrible, he was accused of shoving one of the linesmen. I think the referee "lost" the game a couple of minutes earlier where a lot of things went wrong. The match penalty, sending out Brynas star player, was his way of showing who’s in charge I guess.

In this video sequences you can see Adam (no 16):
- handling heavy pressure in his own end very efficient
- Creating a goal opportunity with some creative moves
- “Attacking” the referee and getting a match penalty

Don't think it was the "push" that got him suspended. Look what he did with his right skate blade during the scrum, it may or may not have been intentional. Probably said something as well.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
3 assists across the 2 pro leagues he has played in. I get he has potential, and I get he's young and I get he has some skills that GMs value but top5 honestly feels like a stretch with his production this season.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
You know who this is: ?

2005-06 Boro/Vetlanda J20 J20 Div.2415618|
IF Troja-Ljungby J18 J18 Elit-----|
Sweden U16 (all) International-Jr50228|
2006-07 Södertälje SK J18 J18 Allsvenskan201133-1|
Södertälje SK J20 SuperElit10281088|
2007-08 Frölunda HC J18 J18 Elit211200|
Frölunda HC J18 J18 Allsvenskan101120| Playoffs201110-2
Frölunda HC J20 SuperElit381324376811| Playoffs510143
Frölunda HC SHL710102| Playoffs600000
Sweden U18 WJC-18607748|
Sweden U18 (all) International-Jr173111422
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
imo This is a scary pick
screams over hype
He’s one of the youngest players in the draft...almost a full year younger than a guy like Hughes.

If you look at a similar d-man (size, style and league, who was also younger in his draft year) Erik Karlsson put up 1 assist in 13 pro games in his draft season.

In his draft+1 season he put up 13 points in 56 SEL games (and only 1 assist in 7 games in the SWE-1).

I know there is a lot of hype, and the EK comparisons are probably annoying, but this kid is going to be a good one. He’s probably at least 2-3 seasons away though.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
3 assists across the 2 pro leagues he has played in. I get he has potential, and I get he's young and I get he has some skills that GMs value but top5 honestly feels like a stretch with his production this season.

I hate this argument so much. Somehow europeans should get penalized for playing against men whereas CHL prospects never get knocked for "only" dominating junior players. You have no idea how guys like Hughes and Bouchard (who btw both almost a full year older than Boqvist) would perform in the same situation. If Boqvist were playing in the CHL this year no one would be complaining about his lack of production against men, rather they would celebrate his skill and dominance at the junior level. Hypocrisy.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Unfortunately Boqvist had an awful and uninspiring 5 Nations. Zero production.
That was against his own age group. Not “pros” in Europe or 19-20 year olds in the CHL.
He played against his own age group and underperformed. What else can you go on?

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
5 Nations stat line.....
4 Games
0 goals
1 assist
1 point
Is this where we celebrate his skill and dominance?

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
At least Kotkaniemi who had an equally uninspiring tournament had one game where he contributed offensively for the Finns. You’ll tell me it wasn’t Boqvist fault. The forwards were awful, he had puck possession, he made a good first pass out of his end, he looked good in his own end.
At the end of the day he generated nothing and for a offensive guy ranked in the top 3,4,5 that is just not good enough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At least Kotkaniemi who had an equally uninspiring tournament had one game where he contributed offensively for the Finns. You’ll tell me it wasn’t Boqvist fault. The forwards were awful, he had puck possession, he made a good first pass out of his end, he looked good in his own end.
At the end of the day he generated nothing and for a offensive guy ranked in the top 3,4,5 that is just not good enough.

How many of those games did you watch?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
5 Nations stat line.....
4 Games
0 goals
1 assist
1 point
Is this where we celebrate his skill and dominance?
This basically. Added to his SHL production I honestly dont understand why everyonr is so high on him. Cant remember the last time there was so much hype for someone with so little proven. You are essentially drafting a 2019 prospect in the 2018 draft anyway. In my hook thats not ideal unless you are a team that can afford to slow cook him. Any of the bottom 6-7 woyld want him on their team earlier than he will be ready to be (if ever).

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Have you looked at Kupari’s stats?
I am not sure what is going on there.
Go back years...... save for one game at Hlinka, not good at all.
This seems to be a trend.
He wasn’t playing against men in all those years....

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Listen obviously Boqvist is a good player.
You have to deliver when it counts.
Especially if your getting a pass when playing in a men’s league

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018
Adam Boqvist averages 7:27 ice time in the SHL. He only cracked 12 minutes 3 times this season and often played less than 5 so it is not like he is getting tons of opportunities.

I got these stats off of Brynas' website which is in a foreign language but I am pretty sure these TOI stats are accurate.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Listen obviously Boqvist is a good player.
You have to deliver when it counts.
Especially if your getting a pass when playing in a men’s league

Do you know how many minutes he’s playing? Looks like per the last post on here he may be getting 7 min a game. What’s he supposed to do in 7 minutes of ice time?

You have to add context. Can’t just look at eliteprospects and know the whole story sometimes.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
I see. And in that 5-7 mins of ice time, you (who have watched all the games) have derived that he is in fact worthy of being a top 3 pick?
I was at the 5 Nations tournament and he got plenty of ice time in which he did nothing. You can not argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->